Decision - You Attack The Wendigo

Sorry, if the chapter sucks :/

As fast as you can you push Josh out of your way to save his life, then you raise both arms. In the last moment before Hannah can tear you apart with her sharp claws you use the spray can and lighter as a flamethrower. The wendigo tries to cover its face, but is not fast enough. "Mike, get Josh back to the lodge! I'll deal with our little friend here!", you has noticed that Mike was hiding behind a big stone.

It's maybe not your best decision to give Josh's life into his hands, but you have another problem in front of you. Especially when the spray can in your hand stops working. "Damn it", you whisper and now what's going to happen next. The wendigo raises its arm to tear you apart, but to your luck you stumble over your own two feet and fall into the water. Mike could have brought you a full spray can at least.

A bit panicked you push yourself back onto your feet and make your way back to the passage where you came from a few moments ago. The creature tilts its head for a second before it starts chasing you. "Damn it", you mumble between your heavily breaths, while you press your body against the wall. With all your power you force your body to stay still.

No weapon to defend yourself and soaked to the bones isn't the best combination. The wendigo turn its head around to look for you. The situation is intense as hell. Your hear is pounding against your chest, while you press your lips into a thin line to calm yourself down. The dull eyes are looking at you even if you don't move an inch.

The creature comes closer to you, while the dull eyes are still staring at you. In this moment you hope someone would hear your prayers that the wendigo just leaves. "Hannah? Are you there?", you ask whispering, when the monster just stand in front of you apparently waiting for something. To your surprise she doesn't attack you with her sharp claws.

Yes, there is something in these dull eyes that you remember from all the years you know Hannah. A slight smile appears on your lips. Maybe you don't have to kill her, because she is a wendigo. She stomps over your hopes as she raises her arm to hit you really powerful.

The impact with the ground hurts really bad so you need a few moments to recover yourself. The creature shrieks a last time before it turns around and leaves you behind. "Why? I don't want to hurt her. She was one of my best friends", you mumble almost whining, while you get back onto your feet. Hopefully you bought Mike and Josh enough time to get away.

Carefully you make your way to the passage, where you noticed the dead body of your uncle. Surprised you raise your eyebrows as you see something lying on the ground. Could it be that Hannah knocked the body from the ceiling when she chased you?

For a brief moment you rub the back of your neck awkwardly. Should you really search through the body of your uncle? The flamethrower is definitely a good argument, but it feels ... wrong. Step after step you get closer to the dead body. A warm jacket would be another argument, because you are still soaked to the bones and you are already freezing.

"I'm sorry ... so damn sorry", you mumble under your breath, while you search through the jacket pockets without looking at your uncle. At least his head is gone so he can't stare at you judging what you are doing right now. Another sigh escapes your mouth, when you feel something cold. The weight of the gun feels familiar. You always liked this feeling.

The next point on your list is a warm and dry jacket. The coolness hits you like a punch and you start to shake like a leaf in the wind. As fast as you can you wrap the cloth from the jacket around tightly to warm you up again, then you get the flamethrower.

"Oh my god! This thing is heavy as hell", you talk to yourself surprised about the weight. Without a further word you make your way back. Now you are totally ready for a fight with the wendigos. The bad thing is that you still have to deal with the darkness, because your uncle had no flashlight in his pockets. Even if you are still mad at your friends that they didn't believe you at all you have to save them. They are scared and just try to survive.

A bit worried you look at the wall in front of you. It should be probably just a short climb to the top, where you can see light, but the stones are maybe frozen. You have to be careful so you don't fall and break your neck. It would be such a sad end for this night.

You chuckle about your own thoughts for a second and start to climb up the stone wall. Unfortunately you forget the extra weight from the flamethrower. It makes it harder to get to the top, but the concern gives you the power to continue your climb. Finally you pull yourself up and see the snowy woods.

A slight smile appears on your lips. Yes, you are proud of yourself that you made it that far. "I'm so ready for you, guys", your flamethrower is a good argument that you will win this fight. Hopefully your friends are still alive...