Decision - You Continue To Run

Warning: This chapter is affected by one of your other decisions!

As fast as you can you make your way to the water machine. Your fingers wrap around the baseball bad tightly before you hide in the darkness waiting for your victim. It was a good decision to come to the basement with Josh. You need every little chance to buy you more time to escape. The heavy steps from the psycho is like a countdown for you. Your heat tries to jump out of your chest every step the psycho takes. Does this intense night ever end? It seems like a god damn nightmare, but you can't wake up. It's the cruel reality...

Finally the creepy man with the mask appears. Slowly he turns his head around to look for you. Even if you are in danger you feel safe with the bat in your hands like nothing could beat you down in this moment. Brave as hell you take a few steps forward. Suddenly a bit calmer you swing the baseball bat powerful and hit the psycho on the back.

A bit clumsy you drop the bat so you just turn around and run past by the old water machine. You can see yourself save behind the heavy wooden door, but this isn't your lucky day. The door has no handle to open it so you are trapped right now, because the psycho are back onto his feet. The bad thing is that he makes his way towards you.

"Come on! God damn it!", you swear under your breath, while you try to open the door with your shoulder. It just moves slowly so you decide to squeeze through the little gap. With all your strength you close the door and lock it right in time. The psycho tries to force the door open, while you take a few steps back. You should probably continue your escape.

Your heart is still trying to jump out of your chest. This hell of an intense night won't end, right? Carefully you open the door, but it seems to be stuck or something like that. You use the same technique as for the other door. Powerful you hit your shoulder again the wood. To your surprise the door opens without trouble so you fall to the ground.

"What the hell? Damn it", you mumble under your breath and rub your hurting head. Confused you get back onto your feet, while you look around. This part of the lodge doesn't trigger your memory even if you have seen every little room of the house. The basement is much larger than you remember. Especially this dark and destroyed kind of hallway.

A bit paranoid you listen for heavy steps from the psycho, but you only hear your own breaths and some creepy noises from the old house. You should probably run for your dear life, but you take your time to turn on the flashlight. It doesn't worth it to trip over something and hurt yourself. Slowly you make your way through the dark hallway. The uneasy feeling in your stomach won't go away. You are sure the psycho is already waiting around a good damn corner for you to run into his arms.

Suddenly you hear heavy footsteps. Your countdown again to make a good decision. As fast as you can you hide under the destroyed elevator cabin. In the last moment you turn off your flashlight right in time. The steps from the psycho stop for a brief moment. "So we are playing hide and seek? My favorite game", his laugh sounds terrifying as hell.

You don't dare to move an inch even if your legs start to tremble from the uncomfortable pose. Again heavy steps, but this time they come closer to your hiding place. Carefully you look up just to see that the creepy man stands right above you. "I always win this game", you are sure he is staring at you for a brief moment. To your surprise the psycho turns around and leaves you behind.

The next few moments you just take deep breaths. "What? He definitely saw me, but let me go?", you can't wrap your head around this fact. Still shaking from the intense situation you leave your hiding place. The man is really gone, but why? You were not his victim. That's the reason why he let you escape.

Not quite sure where you are you just take the right way. Hopefully the psycho isn't waiting on the other side of a random corner. But nothing happens. You are all alone in the dark hallway of the basement. Yes, you feel like a lost puppy as you open the door to another dark hallway and two doors. There has to be a hint so you know where you are right now.

One of the two doors is locked so you try the other one. As quiet as possible you close the door behind you. The uneasy feeling won't go away like something bad is waiting for you again. That was enough intense shit for you this night, but unfortunately you are not the one to decide it.

Uninterested you look through the dusty shelves to find nothing. Something behind a stack of boxes catches your attention. With ease you push the empty boxes aside just to find a memorial plaque for Hannah and Beth. Your eyes widen immediately as you recognize the prices, bracelets and pictures on the pin board.

"Never forget", says the yellow note between the private things of the twins. Just one person would prepare something like that. You press your lips into a thin line, while you look for more hints, clues and evidences. It can't be true what you are thinking right now. You don't know the face behind the creepy mask from the psycho. The bad thing is that you can't swallow your own pretty lies.

You open one of the drawers from the old table. Why should someone keep a medical file in the basement?! Now you have to face the truth...