Chapter 17

Hermione sat on her bed, looking out upon the sun stained grass, the first years playing tag, Fred and George tickling the giant squid, people sunbathing and just enjoying the general splendour that is summer. Ginny walked into the room, also walking in on Hermione's thoughts.

" what are you doing In here?" Ginny asked, grabbing a hair band and putting her long red hair into a ponytail.

"Not much" she shrugged

"We're not back to this are we?"

"Back to what?"

"To sitting around moping, whining, staring into space and being plain miserable all the time"

"I'm not moping or being miserable"

Ginny raised an eyebrow and Hermione smiled slightly.

"Then come outside" dared ginny

Hermione started to object but when she saw the worried look in Ginny's eyes she stopped,grabbed a coat and a book (Ginny rolled her eyes at this).

When they were finally outside (Hermione had gone back four times, once for sun cream, three times to change which book she wanted) they sat on the grass, applied sun cream and got comfortable with a book and a quidditch magazine.

Hermione rolled on her side and woke up to searing pain 'what the--?' Hermione looked down at her body to see what caused the pain "aww, crap". Hermione was sunburnt, all over. She tried to get up but she fell back down in pain. "Okay, no big deal, I'll just wait for someone to come get me, ginny will probably be back any second" but as the minutes passed and the minutes turned into an hour, no one came.

"For goodness sake" Hermione whined as she tried to get back up and again fell down.

Hermione heard a faint whistling coming towards her, she recognised it.

Draco turned the corner as Hermione tried to make it look like she was outside, sunburnt ,and starving on purpose. "We'll well, what do we have here?". Draco smirked.

"Nothing of interest to you" Hermione replied

"On the contrary, this is most interesting, is this a damsel in distress I see."

"I shouldn't think it'd, matter to you" Hermione narrowed her eyes.

"You think wrong" Draco looked at Hermione "nice suntan, Granger"

Hermione just ignored him.

"Need a hand?"

"Of course not"

"So, that means yes? Because you're too proud to ask for help"

"I'm not proud!"

"And you're stubborn"

"I am not"

"So if you're not proud and not stubborn you won't mind me helping you up to the castle"

"Yes I do" Hermione folded her arms

"You have no choice I'm afraid"

And with that Draco grabbed Hermione from under her arms and pulled her up.

"Now you can either come up to the castle with me and I can stop you falling over or you can go by yourself and be in excruciating pain"

Hermione and the blonde haired boy narrowed their eyes at each other and then started walking. The got the castle and Draco turned around.

"We'll that wasn't so bad was it?" And then he smiled. Oh boy how he smiled. It was the kind of smile which could stop your tears, make you smile even when you're furious, and suddenly everything was okay. She forgave him.

"Draco, I need to tell you"

"Me first" Draco said, a serious expression across his face.

"I never should have done what I did, it was wrong of me. I just got so angry that he hurt you, and i wanted to hurt him, but I went the wrong way around it. But he's your friend, and I won't lay a hand on him again"

Hermione pulled Draco into a bone crushing hug "ow" she gasped "sunburn?" "Yeh"

They smiled at each other "I'm sorry" they said together.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sorry it is short and not very good (this saying is becoming habit I think) but I have been studying for my GCSE's and I wrote this while watching the tele, I hope to update soon. Love always, Briony.