2.6

A/N

When you want a tattoo more than anything...

Enjoy!

Gabby's POV- Wednesday Morning (Michael's Birthday)

*SIX DAYS LATER*

I hear my alarm go off from next to me and I quickly turn it off so it doesn't wake Mikey up. I set it back down on my bedside table and pick up my glasses, sliding them on my face.

I quickly, but stealthily, wriggle out of my boyfriend's grip and place the covers back on him. Thankfully, I succeed in keeping him asleep, and I go to find a piece of paper and a pen. I spot them in a stack on his dresser and I take one sheet of paper and scribble a note on it.

Went to my house, meet me there for breakfast. We'll talk about school after. Gabby xx

I fold the note, writing side up, and place it on the pillow I used so he can find it easily. I just hope he can read my chicken scratch handwriting...

I place the pen back where I found it, grab my stuff, and slip out of the window and into mine with no problem. I set my things down in my room and fly down the stairs to start on Mikey's favorite breakfast: pancakes.

I make the batter and get out the griddle for the stovetop. I pour good sized amounts on, making four pancakes at once. While I'm adjusting my pajama shorts in between flipping, I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. I panic, but smile at the same time. It could either be my mother or Mikey. My question is answered as I hear heels on the wood floor and the door opens and closes. She left for work without noticing me, thank goodness.

A few minutes later, more footsteps come pitter-pattering down the steps and I smile because I know this time it's Mikey. I continue to do what I'm doing, though, so they don't burn. All of a sudden, I feel two strong arms wrap around my waist from behind. He picks me up and spins me around in one swift motion, making a pancake fly off of the spatula.

"Oops." he chuckles, a deep rasp evident in his voice. He picks it up and throws it out, cleaning up the raw batter on the floor. Once he's finished, I thank him.

"I don't suggest doing that while I'm in front of the stove." I laugh and he smiles and nods.

I put all of the finished pancakes onto a big plate and set them on the breakfast bar countertop. Mikey gets plates, forks, knives, syrup, and butter and stets it all next to them while I quickly clean everything up before sitting down. As soon as I'm finished, I turn around and Mikey's already staring at me, smiling.

"What?" I ask while drying my hands on a paper towel.

"I just got a glimpse of my future." he says quietly. I smile and walk over to him, hugging him tightly.

"Happy birthday, babe."

"Thank you." he replies. We pull away, but I'm still in his arms as I tangle my hand in his red hair, kissing him softly.

"I definitely picked the right color for you. Red looks amazing on you." I say.

"Why thank you. I love the brown on you, even though you're cute as a blonde."

I thank him, then we sit down to eat.

"So what's the plan today? Do you want to skip school?" I ask him in between bites.

"I don't think so. It would be great if we could call out of work, though." he says with a pleading look.

"Okay. Today was actually the one day this week where they had too many people working. We'll call at lunch or something when they open." I reply and he nods, his mouth full.