Chapter 9

When we arrive Tony, Nat, and Steve are already there just watching as they lock Loki up.

"So...." I say grasping at straws cause I'm bored. "Anyone watch Doctor Who?"

Four "Yes." Ring out around the room and we all smile at each other.

"Favorite Doctor?" I ask curiously.

"Eccleston." Tony says.

"Capaldi." Nat says.

"Tennant." Bruce says.

Steve looks around a second not knowing who those doctors are and finally says. "Baker."

"Tom or Colin?" All of us ask at the same time.

Steve smiles. "Tom."

I high-five him. Then they all turn to look at me. "Well?" Nat asks.

"What?" I ask.

Tony scoffs. "Who's your favorite?"

"You know I can't choose!" I complain.

"Come on." Bruce says and bumps against my shoulder. "Try."

I sigh. "Eccleston, Tennant, Smith, Capaldi, Tom Baker, and Sylvester McCoy. I've only seen New Who and I personally just like Baker and McCoy." I tell them. "Oh and I've met Colin Baker. He's pretty nice."

"Oh come on if you had to choose just one." Nat says.

I think for a minute narrowing down my choices. "Okay. I think it would be..... Smith." I tell them honestly.

We talk about doctor who for a few minutes longer explaining to Steve that it went off air but came New Who in 2005. He was really excited. Then Tony leaves, Thor arrives, and we got live feed from Fury locking Loki up and all stop to watch.

"In case it's unclear if you try to escape you so much as scratch that glass," Fury says and pushes a button opening the floor under the cage. "It's 30,000 feet straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works?"

Then he closes the floor again. "Ant," he says gesturing at Loki. "Boot." He says gesturing at the console.

Loki just laughs. "It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me."

"Built for something much stronger than you." Fury tells him.

"Oh I've heard." Loki says and looks at the camera were watching through. "A mindless beast. Makes play he's still a man."

We all look over to see Bruce leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. I can feel he is irritated but underneath he agrees with Loki. I make a mental note to talk with Bruce later.

"How desperate are you? That you call on such lost creatures to defend you." Loki asks.

"How desperate am I?" Fury asks. "You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill cause its fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad you did."

"Ooh," Loki says mockingly. "It burns you to have come so close. "To have the Tesseract. To have power. Unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share. And then to be reminded what real power is."

Fury smiles and walks away. "Well let me know if 'real power' wants a magazine or something."