Chapter 17

"You all speak of control yet your court chaos." Thor says almost amused now.

"That's his M.O. Isn't it?" Bruce asks. "I mean what are we a team?" He scoffs. No no no were a chemical mixture that makes chaos. We're...we're a time bomb." Bruce says.

"You need to step away." Fury tells Bruce.

"I took all you're anger. Everyone of you. And yet you build it back. He is in control!" I growl.

"Why shouldn't the guy let off some steam?" Tony asks.

"You know damn well why. Back off!" Steve says and shoves Tony's hand off his shoulder.

"Oh I'm starting to want you to make me." Tony says.

"Yeah. Big man in a suit of armor." Steve says. "Take that off what are you?"

"Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist." Tony tells him with a smirk. Nat nods.

"I know guys with none of that worth ten of you." Steve tell him. "I've seen the footage. The only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you."

"I think I would just cut the wire." Tony says.

Steve smirks and looks at Bruce and I. "Always a way out. You know you may not be a threat but you better stop pretending to be a hero."

"A hero? Like you?" Tony shoots back having had enough. "You're a laboratory experiment Rogers. Everything special about you came out of a bottle."

"Put on the suit. Lets go a few rounds." Steve challenges.

Thor laughs. "You people are so petty and tiny."

"Agent Rominoff, Mrs Xavier would you escort Doctor Banner back to-" Fury tries but is interrupted.

"Where?" Bruce asks. "You rented my room."

"The cell was just in case..." Fury tries again.

"In case you needed to kill me but you can't. I know. I tried." Bruce says.

The entire room goes quiet and I feel my heart sink and all the anger disappear. I look over at Tony and Steve to see both of them everyone looking to Bruce. Steve's face says he has had friends who tried before and Tonys says that he has tried before. I look back to Bruce and he glances at me but quickly looks away.

"I got low. I didn't see an end. So I put a bullet in my mouth and the other guy spit it out." Bruce tells us. "So I moved on. I focused on helping people I was good. Until you dragged me back into this freak show." He says with a bit of a glare at me before turning to Nat. "You want to know my secret Agent Romanoff? You wanna know how I stay calm?"

We all watch as his arm slowly moves back and picks up the scepter. Fury and Nat both go for their guns and I move beside Bruce and put my hand over his.

"Easy." I whisper.

"Doctor Banner, put down the scepter." Steve tells him.

Bruce looks down at his hand confused but before anyone can do anything a beeping sounds through the room.

"Got it." Fury says.

Bruce puts the scepter back on the counter and starts walking to his computer. "Sorry kids. Guess you don't get to see my party trick after all."

"You located the Tesseract?" Thor asks.

I feel the anger surge back through me and I turn to almost run into Nat. I need to vent it before It shoots back into them. "Move." I growl. She quickly steps aside and I swing at the wall. It groans and when I step away there is a large dent in the wall.

"That was a Steel wall." Tony says.

"Still is." Fury tells him before turning to me. "Can you stay with Banner?" He asks.

I shake my head and ball my fist again. "I sucked in all your anger. I have to rid of it first. You don't want Bruce around me when I'm angry I'm a limitless supply." I tell him.

He nods. "Go blow it off. Romanoff stay with Banner."

I quickly run out of the room and push my self as fast as I can but it doesn't help. Not a second later something explodes and the floor beneath me isn't there anymore.

'Bruce!' I automatically think and begin searching him out in my mind. It doesn't take me too long to find him and I feel how he is struggling. I focus and begin the process of calming him.

His anger keeps fluctuating. It has to be Nat she's there with him. Suddenly I feel his anger surge like a knife and I gasp but no air comes into my lungs.

Water fills my lungs and any connection I had with Bruce is severed. I quickly open my eyes to see that I'm in a clear water tank. My lungs burn for oxygen and I swim as fast as I can to the top but when I get there it's blocked off by a large piece of debris.

I frantically try to find a way out but there is no way. I'm stuck. I try to calm myself and establish a link with anyone but I'm panicking. My body automatically tries to breathe in and more water pours into my lungs.

I bang my fists against the plexiglass walls but the water softens my blows. There's nothing I can do. I feel a sharp pain in my stomach and gasp filling my lungs completely with water. My vision begins to cloud over and somewhere in the back of my mind I realize that pain came from Coulson. Then as everything fades to black I hear my fathers voice. "I love you Arabelle. I'm so sorry......"