Significance, Confusion and Niall Horan

500 votes and I'll update!

Scarlet.

A beautiful color that people go insane over. Such a rare red to find that it drives people insane.

But they don't realize that they are scarlet. Their blood is a deep scarlet that glistens in the right light.

I am Scarlett. I bleed my name. I was destined to be a Scarlett. You can say it's in my blood.

And my last name. Gates.

A simple word. No significant meaning to the normal person. But to me, it means a gate to a new world. A gate to Niall. A gate to heaven and hell. A gate to a hospital.

Which is where I lie. Cold and empty. Needle after needle penetrating my skin. The constant beeping that filled my ears.

The way I would listen closely to it. Beep...beep.....beep...........beep.

My eyes wouldn't open. But I could slowly but surely tell it got everyone panicked. The beeping would slow down and everyone around me would sit up straighter, cross their fingers a little tighter, open their eyes a little wider.

I didn't know who sat by me. I wasn't sure if this was real or another dream. What if I was in another coma?

I was beyond scared. I loved Niall with all my heart, plus Liam's kidney. And just, I mean, what if I opened my eyes and it was all my imagination? What if I was alone?

We all know how it ended the first time. It's like a cycle.

Wake up. Find out I'm alone. Go home. Write a letter. Try to kill myself. Hope that I die. Wake up in a hospital again.

I really hate hospitals.

Sometimes being out like this is the most peace I get. No one can bother me except for myself... And that annoying beeping.

But that beeping is all I can ever hear. I can feel the shots. I can moves my eyes. Rarely wiggle my toes. Yet, I can't seem to hear anyone speak. Not even the screaming pregnant women in labor.

So I didn't know if Niall was beside me, praying that I'll be okay. I couldn't hear if the rest of my friends were in here, making sure Niall was alright and I wasn't dead. For all I know, my mom is beside me or even my dad. Maybe my dad never abused me and I'm just in here because I had to get surgery.

But then again...I could be dead.

This made me so aggravated. Not knowing anything is depressing and frightening.

I wish I could just open my damn eyes.

I can't though, I'm stuck like this. I'm stuck waiting for the answers. And it sucks.

-

~~~~~~~~

Short and crappy! But I love to get you guys mad and curious!

1) any ideas on who the dad is?

2) is Scarlett dead or dreaming again?

Love you guys! Vote and comment!