Nine | 九

Nine

Warning: The following content might be a little triggering for some, so if you're easily triggered, I suggest to avoid it. I bolded parts I consider triggering. However if you feel there are other triggering parts too, let me know*

Sakura tapped the tip of her shoes to make sure her feet really fitted into her shoes perfectly. She looked up when she heard her name called by an energetic voice. She wasn't surprise to find Kimi and [Name] walking towards her, [Name] waving her hand at her enthusiastically.

"What are you guys doing here?" Sakura asked, slamming the door to her rusty old locker close.

"We're heading home first and Kimi-chan's bringing me somewhere before that." [Name] explained. Kimi nodded at her side. Sakura raised a brow at the two but agreed nevertheless.

"Stay safe." She nodded at them, picking up her bat that leaned against the lockers.

"Hai, hai~ Ja nee, Sakura-chan~!" [Name] skipped out of the changing room, with her jet black haired friend closely behind her.

--

"Have you guys seen Iwa-chan?" Oikawa asked his teammates, glancing around the gymnasium with a playful pout. His teammates shrugged at the question.

"Don't you usually come to practice together? Shouldn't you know where he went then?" Mattsukawa asked, giving Oikawa a look.

"I know but..." The captain sighed, shaking his head. "I don't know what has gotten into him today. He told me to get my ass to practice immediately and walked away. He didn't even chase after me after that."

"And you actually came without having him to chase after you and beat you up?" Hanamaki raised a brow.

"Man, you should have seen his face. I swear, it's almost permanent now." Oikawa shuddered at the memory of Iwaizumi's face when he ordered him to get to practice.

"Come to think of it, it's probably the first time Iwaizumi-san's bailing out on volleyball practice..." Kunimi pressed his pointer finger to his lower lip, thinking aloud.

"Maybe some emergency popped up." Hanamaki shrugged.

"You don't think it's something serious, like a life and death situation?" Oikawa's hand slapped over his lips. He started to panic, face turning blue as sweat started pouring down his face.

"No, I think you're overthinking things a little too much, Oikawa." Mattsukawa shook his head, telling him to stop fooling around. At a blow of the whistle, they ended their discussion and started their warm-ups.

--

A stretch of cars waited behind the traffic light, waiting desperately for it to turn green. The weather was rather fine but it didn't mean it would be a good day for traffic. [Name] hummed and skipped by Kimi's side, counting the cars in a made up song as they passed by them.

"Wah~ Sugoii... There's so many cars!" [Name]'s mouth shaped itself into an 'O'.

"Mmhmm..." Kimi dismissed her uninterestedly. They continued to walk down the street, passing by a stretch of shops. [Name] would stick her face to the windows of pastry shops or boutiques, gleaming at the things on display. Eventually, she would quickly jog back to Kimi's side, curious as to what they would see further down.

Iwaizumi had no idea why he was doing this. Unlike Oikawa, he wasn't one to act on instinct. However, there he was, tailing the two girls. He couldn't be sure what had gotten into him but decided to tail them anyways. It was an uneasy feeling pestering him, urging him to do something.