chapter 12

I sat down at the kitchen island and looked at Milo with the eyes of a three year old. Milo hugged me cupped my small face into his soft hands."Lyssa you can't stay here,I'm not going to let you." Milo I'll be fine." Fine,there goes that word again. "No Lyssa I'm not going to let you stay here and I have a plan." I looked deep into his eyes and I saw nothing but concern and sadness." "What is the plan." "When you here your mom's car pull up the driveway I'll walk out the backdoor and about five minutes I'll knock on the door and ask if you can spend the night with my sister because she misses you." I smile "That's a simple plan." He doesn't smile back "Lyssa why haven't you told about the abuse, even when you told me about the cutting you could of told me about the abuse, you are my best friend since the the time we were in kindergarten we told each other everything I would have thought you trusted me enough to tell me this." I put my head down slightly facing the floor. "Its not that I don't trust you, its just I didn't want to loose you, I mean your the only good thing I have and I mean come on who wants to be friends with a freak." Milo cries he literally is letting the tears fall against his smooth cheeks. "Lyssa I would never ever ever think of you like that and you would never loose me, I love you way to much for that." Milo goes to hug me and I flinch. Lifting my head up Milo cups my cheeks and kissed me on both sides of them looking deep into my eyes Milo plants a soft kiss on my lips. "I love you Lyssa." "I love you to Milo." Although I know the kiss was nothing but a mutual agreement between friends, it was that very moment that I fell in love with my best friend.

After Milo helped me clean the house from top to bottom not leaving anything uncleaned. We sat in my room and watched movies on his phone and ate Chinese food he ordered. As I was eating I hadn't notice I was rushing the food in my mouth until Milo looked at me and smiled "Slow down Lyssa." I smiled back at him and chewed my food slowly, he laughed and I chuckled but with all jokes aside I really don't know when I'm going to be able to enjoy a meal again. As I lay back into my best friends arms I think about how I have known Milo all my life but I feel as if I just noticed him. Before I can get to deep into my thoughts I hear the car pull in the driveway. Milo rushes out grabbing the bags of food with him not leaving any evidence he was here. I spray my room with Febreeze and walk outside of my room. My mom walks in the door with baby Chance in her arms and Kade behind her, I take my little brother out of her arms and hold him close to my heart. He automatically hugs me tighter and a tiny smile appears on his small mouth as he falls back asleep. "Hey Lyssa." "Hey Kade." I say before he disappears in his room.

I hear a knock on the door and smile knowingly as mother opens the door. Milo is standing there looking serious as ever. Mother looks at me then looks back at Milo."Yes Milo how can I help you." She says with a fake smile on her face. "Yes well I was wondering if Lyssa can come over my house because my little sister Torrie wants to spend some time with her she really misses her." Mother of course trying not to look like the bad guy smiles and says "Of course she can, how is Torrie by the way,Lyssa go pack your bags Milo you can come in. I walk down the hallway and before going to my room I knock on Kades door and smile " Milos here if u wanna go see him." Kade gets off his bed and goes into the living room I rush to my room pack two outfits two pairs of shoes some undergarments and my journal closing my bags I rush back into the living room. "Are you ready?" Milo asks me with a smile on his face "Yes." I reply and we walk out the door. Once in the car and out the driveway I let out a breath I hadn't even known I was holding. "Thank you Milo." "No need to thank me I just wish this wasn't a temporary stay I wish I could just take you away forever." "I know Milo but this is already enough." He smiles at me with his eyes and then stares back at the road. As I stare out the window I look at the beautiful forest. "Milo remember we use to run through the forest and play red riding hood." He laughed"yes and I also remember how you always wanted to be the big bad wolf but I never let you because I didn't want to be a little girl." "Can we play real quick." He laughed and says "sure,bring back some memories." He parks the car across the deserted street. We walk through the forest and I smile as I remember how Milo never caught me. I was always to fast for him. "Ok." he says as he turns around and starts counting. I laugh and start running through the woods like a crazy person. I hide behind a tree and that's when I here Milo fake a growl. I couldn't help it I burst into laughter and Milo says "Lyssa if you don't want to get caught you should really stop laughing." "I couldn't help it." I yell back and start running again. I can hear him chuckle , I keep running as fast as I can keeping a good distance,and thats when I see it a huge brown wolf and I think of how ironic it is that we're playing this game and out of no where a huge brown wolf appears. I look beside it and see a injured pup I believe that what you call a baby wolf. I try to walk towards the small wolf without making the larger one two upset. I can't believe I'm doing this o should be running away back to Milo. As I go the pup its mother I presume it is growls at me. I look at her and say "I'm not going to hurt you." Feeling stupid for talking to a animal I shake my head. The brown wolf puts her head down as if submitting to me and I take a look at the pup. Its stuck on something a rope its tide around its neck. I touch the rope and my hands get all sticky I untie the rope and the pup licks my arm before returning to its mother. I smile wipe my hands on my pants and the brown wolf licks the back of my hand before picking up its pup and running off. I smile before climbing a tree so Milo wouldn't catch me. I would have to tell Milo about this later I smile. Are maybe I won't it would be my unspoken act of kindness.

Well my dearest reader of you followed me you would have known why I took so long for those who don't follow me sorry I didn't post it on my book but anyways here's another chapter hope you like it,
Black rose