Chapter III

Laksmi and I were walking into the woods,carrying a basket with things that princess Jessalin wanted us to buy.
We arrived to the castle.We saw knights and the leader was Ian.
"Is Ian the leader of the army?"I asked.Strange.Shouldn't the leader be a demon?
"Unfortunately"Laksmi said.
I laughed.
"He is cute and handsome though"I had to admit.Laksmi's face was like she heard that the end is coming.
"No,no,no,no.I do not recommend him"she warned.
"Why?"
"Because..."
But Stefanos appeared and she did not manage to tell me.
"Hey,what's up?"he asked.
"She is into Ian"it was the first thing that Laksmi said.
Stefanos was shocked.
We heard princess Jessalin d' Ompinie yelling.
"Laksmi,Meredith!Leave the conversations with Stefanos and start working!I won't say it again!"
Jessalin was about to go for a walk.She was accompanied by the ladies of honour.

Ian was relaxing at his bedroom.I got in.He had called me.
"Hello,sir.I brought you a cup of tea" and I left the tea on a table.
"Thanks".
He was smiling.My heart would come out of my chest.He approached me a little bit more.
He touched my cheek.His hand was so warm.
"I have never ever seen such a pure girl.You are...special".
I could not believe in my ears.Meanwhile,the room was with no candle light.There was only the moonlight.
"How can you tell all those things about me?I am nothing"I said.
"Meredith,from the first time...I...Oh...You are safe with me".He kissed me with passion.
My heart stopped.Everything stopped.I did not know how to react.I was surrended to his touch.We lived a magical moment,full of passion.

I could not be happier.For first time,I was happy while working.Ian gave light to my days.It was obvious he had feelings for me.I had told nothing about that moment.But,Laksmi revelated me that Ian was Jessalin's lover.I was devastated,betrayed and heartbroken.

Princess Jessalin had organized a dinner for her royal vampire mates.Everytime we were serving her,bringing everything they wanted,she was insulting us.
"Humans shouldn't exist.I mean,why do they exist?Thank god,that some demon vanish them.For example,Meredith's family.Tell us Meredith.How is it to have nothing and no one?Pathetic,uh?Well you are human.In fact,your family deserved to die".
"Shut up!"
All of the guests wondered.
"What did you say?"
I turned my eye to her.Ian was shocked too.Stefanos and Laksmi were afraid.
"I said...shut up!'
And a wind blew and my eyes shone.I bended water,ice,air and nature at the same time.Wait!How I did that?
I destroyed the whole table.Everyone was speechless.
Princess Jessalin d' Ompinie stood up.
"Kill her!"
I managed to escape together with Laksmi and Stefanos and Ian was my...haunter.I couldn't believe it.We were lost into the woods.By the way,I confessed my love for Ian.Laksmi narrated  his story.
Ian had a cruel life.His parents were killed by a demon.He grew up at the slave market.He was sold at princess Jessalin.We were friends with him.But he did everything in order to survive.He offered his blood to Jessalin and himself.That's why he became the leader of her army.He forgot about us.And I don't think he loves you.I don't think he deserves your feelings.Especially,if he is your hunter.So get over him.
Laksmi was right.But my heart desired him.We were into the woods.Ian followed us and tried to kill us.But,we got away.We decided to visit the tower where I was living,so I could understand why I was such a special girl that princess Jessalin d' Ompinie wanted me dead.