Chapter 10

Recap

  He parked the car in front of the hospital and carried me in. As he urgently spoke to the nurse at the front desk, she picked up a phone and murmured a few words and as on cue nurses and doctors swarmed around us. They pulled me out of Chris's arms and layed me on a stretcher and rushed me away as Chris watched. They pushed the stretcher into a room full of different unusual machines and injected many tubes into me. One of the nurses carefully approached me and smiled as she held my hand. "This will only make you unconscious for a while, don't worry darling everything will be fine." She then placed a mask over my nose making the room fade away.  

Natalie's POV

My eyes fluttered open to unfamiliar surroundings and I panicked, pushing myself up when a intense dizziness overwhelmed me. I brought my hand up to my head and studied the room I was in. I couldn't remember what happened to me, it was all a blur, but I also realized I simply couldn't remember anything. From what I saw, I was in a hospital room, but why? I pulled off the covers on me and climbed out of the bed but I wasn't able to because my arm was connected to a tube that led to a blood of bag. A blood of bag? Now I was really curious about what happened to me. Right then, a nurse strolled into the room with a cart and smiled.

 "Oh you're awake! I hope you're feeling better, dear. I brought you your breakfast," She pushed the cart and stopped it beside me. "By the way I'm going to let in that handsome gentleman that brought you here because that poor dear has been here all night just waiting to see you." Handsome gentleman? Do I have a boyfriend? I nodded not sure of what to say. "Um.. excuse me?" I tried to call out for her so I could ask her what's happening to me but she didn't hear me and strolled out the door. A few seconds later, a tall attractive guy, walked in and rushed over to my side. "Natalie! Are you okay? I have been worrying about you so much." He held my hand and looked at me with a great worry. As his hand made contact with my skin, everything came rushing back. The pain, the blood, the memories, him. "Chris!" I cried out as I swung my arms around his neck. I buried my face in his neck and inhaled his familiar scent. "Chris can we please get out of here? Please Chris." He nodded.

"Yes, you must be sick of this place. Let me go get the nurse and we'll leave, okay?" I smiled and nodded, relieved to leave. Chris went out for a moment and came back with the doctor. "Hello, Natalie I hope you're feeling better," He smiled as a friendly gesture but it made me feel a deep pit at the bottom of my stomach. "As you can tell, yes you can leave but I want you to get some rest and stay away from sharp objects okay? Try to stay in a positive environment and just take care of yourself okay?" I swallowed the lump in my throat and nodded. "I also want you taking medicine for your anxiety and I also recommend going to a counselor," I mentally rolled my eyes. "Well that's pretty much it so you can leave, take care Natalie." He waved at me and patted Chris's shoulder and then he left the room. 

"Well fuck this let's get out of here." I disconnected the tube that led to the blood bag and climbed out of the bed. "Natalie I don't think you can do that. We had to let the nurse do that." I rolled my eyes and grabbed the hoodie Chris had laying on the chair across from the bed and shrugged it on. "Like I said, fuck this, let's get out of here." Chris shrugged and gave in. We walked out of the room and left the hospital.

 When we got home, I went straight to the couch and layed down to relieve myself of the pounding coming from my head. Meanwhile, Chris studied the bag of medicine, reading over the instructions and checking to see if the right amount of bottles were in the bag. "From what I read you have to take one pill, three times a day.. wait three times a day? Is that even right?" He muttered to himself and reread the instructions. "No it's actually 2 times a day. One in the morning after breakfast and one at night." I groaned and dropped my arms to my side. "Do I really have to take medicine?" He placed the bag down and lifted my legs up and sat on the couch. "Yes you do. And I am not going to say doctor's orders because I feel like everyone says that. So I'm just going to say that the doctor said so." I slightly chuckled but it slowly drifted off as I realized the mess I got myself into.

Right then, the door swung open and Lizbeth ran in. "What the fuck did you do now?" She walked over to me and crossed her arms waiting for me to explain everything. I was speechless, I didn't know what to say but the only thing that came to mind was him. "I saw Derek." Her hard gaze soften as the shock overcame her. She slowly let her hands fall to her side but she quickly ran her hand through her hair and paced around the room. "You saw Derek?"

_______________

Hello loves, here's a little filler. I actually noticed most of my chapters are pretty long so I'm going to shorten them from now on and I also went over the first few chapters of this book and let's just say they are terrible. Like literally, terrible. I wrote those chapters last year and last year, I wasn't great at writing so I don't even know what happened when I started writing but I can tell that it was a disaster. But at least I've improved my writing and my chapters are a little better now! So back to the story, (sorry for the cliffhanger) who do you think is Derek? 

- Natalie

Vote, Comment, and Feedback please? Thank you.