Chapter 1

I sat there, not even listening to what Ms.Merrill was saying until finally the bell rang and I could leave home. I walked out of there said a quick "goodbye" to Ms.Merrill. After all she is my favorite teacher. I walked over to my locker and I looked for my phone I found it and turned it on. Instead of my picture of me and my best friends, Chris and Lizbeth there was a picture of me and Chris.

"Chris!" I yelled, knowing Chris was somewhere near. He quickly walked over and asked "What's wrong Natalie?" I glared at him, I knew he was acting like nothing was wrong. "Just give me my phone." I stuck out my hand waiting for him to  give it back. "I don't have your phone." He crossed his arms against his chest. "Chris.." I added an edgy tone. "Okay fine."

He handed my phone to me. "So what did you do to my phone." I closed my locker and started walking. He caught up to me and said "So you didn't anything to it?" I shook my head. "Nope." I put my backpack on and he suggested, "If you want I can carry your backpack." I thought about it and said "No I'm fine but thanks." We walked out the doors and found Lizbeth outside waiting for us.

"What took you two so long?" She asked, clearly annoyed. "I was just getting my phone back from Chris." I stated. "Again?" She raised an eyebrow. "Yeah." I said glaring at Chris. "I did not take your phone before!" He whined. "Chris you know you did." I playfully punched his arm. "Okay fine I did."

There was a moment of silence but not the awkward silence, it was never awkward it was comfortable. Until I said "Let's go to my house!" We started walking near my house when Lizbeth said "Wait I can't go to your house I'm grounded..." I stopped walking and asked "For what?" She didn't reply, instead she stared down at her feet.

"For throwing my phone at my car's window...."

"What?! Did you get hurt?"

"No..but my phone and window got hurt."

"I don't care about your phone or window."

"I know but I have to go, bye."

"Bye."

"Bye Lizbeth."

She walked in the opposite direction and slowly faded farther away until we couldn't see her.

I turned to face Chris and said "So it's only me and you now." he smirked and said "Yeah I guess it is." while running his fingers through his hair. I inched closer to him that our faces were almost touching but I had to get on my tippy toes. I softly slapped him and ran from him. I heard him say "Oh I'll get you!" He started chasing me until he finally caught me and wrapped his hands around my waist and lifted me up in the air. He was smiling and said "Oh you'll see what your gonna get." "Oh really?" I teased and giggled at the thought of what was gonna happen.

We were near my house and he walked into my house went through the back door still carrying me in the air and we were near my pool. Oh no I knew what he was gonna do. "Noo Chris!" he put me down and I was gonna make a run for it when he pushed me into the pool. I swam up to the surface and saw him standing there laughing at how I looked with my mascara running down my face.

"It's not funny you know"

"Sure whatever."

"Just help me out here."

He grabbed me a towel and wrapped it around me. We walked into my house and I was freezing. "I'm gonna take a shower, okay?" He smirked and said "Okay.." I already knew what he was thinking of "No don't even think of that" He smiled and said "Okay." I went upstairs and got my pj's which is a white t-shirt, my undergarments, and black leggings. I went into my bathroom, slipped out of my clothes, and took a long shower. I got out, put on my clothes, and walked into the living room.

Chris was watching American Horror Story and it was coming to the scary part. So I hid behind the couch and when it came to the scary part I jumped up and yelled, "CHRISTIAN COLLINS!" He screamed and fell off the couch. I started laughing and then he noticed it was me.

"What was that for?"

"Its called revenge my dear friend"

"...."

I just sat on the couch and he sat beside me. I wrapped my arms around him and we started watching Switched at birth. I put my head on his chest and eventually I fell asleep.