Chapter 3: Second day of misery

Chapter 3: Second Day of Misery

  I kept pacing in my room back and forth. I can’t stop thinking about what happened yesterday. I was still in my pajamas. I didn’t even wait for the alarm. I can’t sleep well. What is happening to me? I was so not like this before. Who am I kidding? It was Brandon Ford for crying out loud. Those popular blue orbs of his. So perfect yet it holds so much meaning. I just can’t believe it. It was a rare moment for me. Never even thought he would somehow notice me. Well, I’m glad I didn’t pee myself in front of him.

 Believe me. Last time when I got to anxious of myself was kindergarten. I had a massive crush on someone. I was coloring a rose and I noticed that I didn’t have a red crayon. So he saw that I was having trouble finding the color red, he stood up and went directly in my pace. I saw him walking towards me and I didn’t know what to do. I haven’t talked to him before. So I peed myself. It was so embarrassing that my face was red as a tomato and I had to hide under the table because I was ashamed of my uhh urine.

I kept smiling about it and I took my fluffy pillow and buried my face there and screeched. It was the best moment of my entire life! I recalled what happened yesterday and sighed dreamily.

*FLASHBACK:

 I found myself sprinting towards the door. I was breathing heavily that I can’t concentrate on what I was doing. I stopped on my tracks when I heard Brandon calling my name. I gulped and wished myself for luck and don’t do anything stupid. I turned around and looked at him anxiously. He gave me a small smile and said, "Stay safe okay? See you tomorrow." he winked and I nodded. When I turned around I found myself smiling like an idiot. I felt my knees so weak. I nearly fainted. His voice was so raspy and cool. I just can't get enough of it. And I felt like an idiot for not responding back to him. Damn. Yeah, I know. Dumb me.

 When I was in the front door of my house, I took out my keys and opened the door. "Mom! I'm home!" there was no answer. I walked into the kitchen and found some sticky note that stated, "Went out to get some dinner. Be back by 6:30pm. -Mom" I clicked on my heels and moved towards my bedroom. I changed into my sweat pants and some loose shirt. I also tied my hair up into a messy bun. 

I was still shocked and so happy about what happened today. It was a miracle! I squealed like a five-year-old girl through my pillow and I faced myself in the mirror. I was beat red. No shit, Sherlock. I look crazy. How did I even manage to do that?

 "Eloise! I'm home!" my mom called out for me. "I'm coming!" I reached downstairs and hugged my mom. I helped her with her stuff and we went to the dining room to eat.

 "So? How's your first day of high school honey?" mom asked me then wiggled her eyebrows. I gave her a small smile and said. "It turned out great. I met some new friends." tried to give her a convincing look. "Is Brandon still there?" giving me a smug smile on her face. She kind of knows about Brandon and all. "Yeah he's still alive." I replied sarcastically. She kind of bought it and stayed silent, savoring the taste of Chinese meals. Yum! Phew! That was close.

*END OF FLASHBACK

 I somehow managed to get change so quickly. I was so surprised to even think about it. I went downstairs to eat a bowl of cereal with my mom drinking coffee. When I was already finished, I grabbed my backpack and jogged outside off to the world of torture: SCHOOL.

As soon as I reached the place of torture, I quickened my pace to get to my locker and grabbed my things and went to class. I actually survived my morning classes. Let's just see during my afternoon classes. It better be good. 

So I had Spanish class great, just great. I moved to sit next to someone. I was surprised to be welcomed with dark blue eyes with gorgeous blonde hair. He lends me his hand and introduced himself "Hi! My name's Chance Wills." I nodded and also introduced myself. Hmm? I haven’t seen him in middle school. He’s a new student here. I think?

Our teacher just entered our class and he settled the class with group assignments. I was paired up of course with Chance. I'm so glad we got to know each other a little more. He was a good guy and not to mention it he was kind of hot. He had the charms that a girl would fall head over heels.

The class was going on. Chance and I were chatting about our hobbies "So what do you do, Chance?" I asked. He smiled "I'm on the basketball team. I also do skateboard." I smiled and looked around my surroundings and to my surprise I saw the girls sending me death glares. I swallowed a lump in my throat and gave Chance a confused look.

 He laughed at my reaction and said, "Well, there's something you don't know about me, babe. I'm kind of one of the star players in basketball." my jaw dropped it could hit the floor by any second now. Didn’t see that one coming. He narrowed his eyes at me and said, "Look, I'm not one of those jerks okay? You're safe with me." I gave him a weak smile and proceeded anyway. It was good anyway. Getting away with those horrible looks. My instincts were wrong. He wasn’t a new student. I think I wasn’t just that observant to any other hot guys, since my heart and soul is only for Brandon.

Classes were over. Chance walked me to my locker and we just talked about some random stuff. To my luck, we actually had some things in common. I could really get use to this guy. I mean he’s kind and all. He’s just so rare to befriend with. Someone who is carefree and not a jerk. Don’t get me wrong, but I mostly judge people by their state. Of course, if they are Mr. Popular and all, I would think that he might be just playing with my feelings.

I was actually a little zoned out. Chance actually seemed to notice it "Are you all charmed about my looks?" He said dramatically. I scoffed and said "Not a chance Wills." I then stuck my tongue at him and he laughed hysterically. 

"So, are you doing something on Friday night?" he asked. "Why? You can't get enough of me, do you?" I teased him. He rolled his eyes and smirked. "I just want to know you better that's all. Want to play at the bowling alley?" he asked. I smiled "That would be fun, but no pranks!" I laughed he nodded trying to hide his smirk.

"Want to have a ride home?" Chance asked. "I would much prefer to walk but thanks anyway." I gave him a small smile. "I insist." I just nodded there's no way I'm winning anyway.

 "Are you coming with me this Friday?" Chance asked eagerly. I pretended to think longer and nodded giving him a playful smile. He smiled back and said "Well, see you then." I nodded and said, "Thanks for the ride, Wills." I smirked. He hated it when I called him by his last name. He grunted, but slipped the topic anyway. Instead he started the engine and smiled to me and went off.

 What a day. I can't believe I made friends with a star player in basketball. Totally not me, I barely knew this guy. I hope that he doesn’t end up being a jerk to me and just go set off everywhere with pranks. This is such a good head start for me. I never even thought that a guy like Chance would ask me out. I guess it’s too good to be true, hopefully.

Now I am here alone in my house, whistling to the tune of “I Won’t Give Up” by Jason Mraz. I felt my eyes feel watery. My heart aches as I recall what my life actually is. I’m a freaking teenager and not to mention, I have no life. I don’t go into awesome parties and all that. I can’t act normal to a bunch of guys and certainly, girls hated me for sharing oxygen with them.

What have I done to be treated bad like this? I wanted to change so bad, I wanted at least one chance of changing. How far I could go if I didn’t have this kind-of-life. It hurts me to see Payton having the time of her life while I’m here inside my world reading a book and just hide.

I wish I had a godmother. I guess this is no fairytale after all. This is reality. People are mean even though you didn’t do something to them. When you’re silent, they judge you. When you’re loud, they judge you. When you don’t fucking care what the world has to offer to you, they judge you.

Everyone judges you. Doing something good or bad. We just have to deal with it. I chose to be an underdog in my life. I never got the chance to feel good about myself. I hope someday. Just one day. My wish will come true.

{A/N: Yeah, I know it's kind of boring. But hey! Eloise's adventure hasn’t started yet. She barely knew the guy. But psshhh! I won't tell LOL. Let me know what u think of it. LIKE.SHARE.COMMENT}