Chapter 13: Live life to the fullest

Chapter 13: Live Life To The Fullest

I still can't believe Brandon broke up with Payton, not to mention they were in front of me. I was so shocked that I can feel my jaw hit the ground. I saw everyone almost did the same as me. Brandon went outside to get some fresh air. I looked over at Payton, her eyes were all puffy and red. I feel a little bit guilty to be one of the reason why they broke up. If I wasn't with Brandon, this wouldn't have happened. 

On the other hand, I was a little bit happy with it. I'm a horrible person, I know. I was just happy because she was mean to me and I didn't do anything but just to stay away from troubles and to just be carefree. We just had a walk and we had fun. There was nothing wrong with it. Payton was just overreacting. We hadn't done something wrong that could ruin their relationship.

I just wanted to be Brandon's friend and nothing else. I wanted to move on from him. I don't have any intentions to break them up or spread a rumor or something. I'm not that person. I maybe have bad thoughts sometimes but I can never do such a thing.

I was raised up to be good and to never stoop so low to that level. Hell, I won't even bother to do that. It would make me a heartless bitch. I finally snapped out from my thoughts and rubbed my forehead. What am I going to do? Should I go and talk to Brandon? I don't want any issues. I can feel my heart pounding so hard and I turned to David. 

I gave him an apologetic look and he just gave me a warm smile. He slung his arm around my shoulder and gestured me to follow him. We went outside to get away from the stressful tension that surrounded us inside the beach house. I carefully let out a sigh of relief and turned my head to David. 

He didn't looked so pleased. So I didn't bother to talk first. His eyes were full a little bit of anger and frustration. Why is that? Is it because I went out with a jog with Brandon? Or maybe it was something else? I observed him when we finally found a place to sit down by the sandy ground. I can tell he was actually going to say something. But he always closes his mouth back and breathe slowly. 

We were just sitting by the shore with the awkward silence. I cleared my throat and finally got the courage to speak up. 

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing." David responsed with a cold voice. 

"David, I know something's wrong. I'm your best friend. You can't lie to me." I said straight and looked him in the eyes. 

"Why did you go out with Brandon?" he hissed and I can tell there was anger and frustration in his voice. 

"Look before you go crazy and angry, let me explain okay?" 

"Well, go." I rolled my eyes and breathed deeply. 

"I was going to go for a jog today and tried to do my goal.----" I breathed sadly and continued. 

"When I woke up this morning, I finally decided to jog during the summer. When I turned the knob of the door, I felt a hand on my shoulder and it was Brandon. So he kind of asked me where I was going so I said I want to go for a walk. So he asked me if he wants any company so I accepted." I said finally breathed. 

I waited for him to speak first and he still doesn't want to talk so I just watched the ocean and its waves. I breathed and closed my eyes and I could feel the warmth spread all over my cheeks and it relaxed my muscles. I opened my eyes and saw David trying to cool down in the corner of my eye. 

I don't if I should feel guilty or what. I'm so confused. I think David is just trying to protect me but I was not doing anything wrong. I looked at him once again and he finally opened his mouth and said.