Chapter 6: Moving On

{Play the song: That Should Be Me by Justin Bieber. You can really feel the moment.}

One word, three syllables. Easy to say but hard to do.

Moving on.

Another horrible week of school passed by, all I could feel is my heart breaking into millions of pieces. I never thought I could be this affected by a guy. It has never happened to me. I feel so vulnerable and broken. Every time I could think about him, I always look down on my feet because I don’t want anyone looking at me for crying.

All I could feel is hurt. I never thought love could be so hard. It hurts; it really hurts seeing Brandon with my mortal enemy. It's so hard to believe they would end up being together. Nah, I could never be her. She's on top and I'm on the bottom of the line. It's impossible, very impossible. I passed by the hallway and I accidentally caught them making out. Anyone ever heard of PDA? They should get a hold of themselves. I felt disgusted by glancing at them. I quickly turned my stare to a wall and zone out. I quickened my pace to my locker and hid my face from everyone.

It was lunchtime, I was hoping to get distracted hopefully and try to forget about Brandon. I went in live with Amanda and got our meals. We finally paid for our meals and looked for a place to sit in.

No matter how much I loved eating, this was the first time I said no to my meal. I was so depressed and I can’t concentrate a word that Amanda said. I felt guilty for not listening to my best friend. She had nothing to do with this. She was not involved yet I can’t even talk to her properly. I have no idea. I think I was overreacting. I sighed and placed my fork down.

"I'm not hungry Amanda. I'll just wait for you until you're done eating."

"Did I ever tell you that you are 100% better than Payton?" she said trying to cheer me up. I appreciate what my best friend is doing but still I can't erase that pain in my heart.

It was too hard to forget and it was impossible to ignore it.

"No, I'm not. Let's face it, Amanda. I will never have a boyfriend with my ugly looks. I know you're trying to cheer me up but I just can't." I said looking down.

"You know what. I'm done" she said. I was actually confused. I didn't understand what she was trying to tell me.

 "What are you talking about?" I said with my eyes narrowed upon her.

"I mean I'm done seeing you all broken and shattered. You need to live up your life! Have fun!" she said trying to comfort me.