Chapter 12: Summer Breeze

When I woke up, I realized it wasn't my room. I widened my eyes and looked around the room and I saw Amanda. I face pounded myself and I realized it was Summer. Thank God, I thought I lost conscious and got kidnapped. Well, that was a relief. 

I searched for my phone and I finally found it. It was in my purse. I checked for the time and I realized it was already 5 in the morning. I shove it back to my purse and got up. I stretched and searched for a hoodie. It was really cold and I really wanted to go for a walk. 

I was kind of hoping to lose some pounds this summer. I don't want to be bullied anymore and to be called awful names. It hurts, really. For them, I am fat but for me I am just well-nourished. I want to find hope for myself. Find my prince charming and run off with him. But with this form, I can't. 

I need to lose some pounds in order to be appreciated by someone. I know, I am insecure. Who would'nt be? All I have to do is wake up early without anyone noticing it and head for the road. I found some hoodie and wore it. I went for the door silently as I can. I don't want anyone to wake up and stop me. 

As I was supposed to turn the knob, someone held my shoulder. I was surprised and I turned around, it was.. Brandon. Ohmygosh, I don't want to be in trouble. I cleared my throat and stood still. 

"What are you doing here?" We asked each other in unison. I blushed a little but I got a hold of it. 

"Ermm. I was probably going for a jog." He said. 

"What about you? Where are you going?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. 

"Uhmm. I was going for a walk... alone." I said and bit my lip. 

"Oh. Can I come with you?" 

Ohgosh. I'm dead. My heart is hammering inside me and I'm freaking out! What will I say? Shall I decline? Shall I let him go with me? Okay I'm rambling. I'm freaking out here! I gulped and opened my mouth. 

"Sure." I breathed out.

"Come on then!" 

What did I just do?! God! Did I just say yes? This is so wrong. I can get trouble with this. God! Why did I approve of it? My heart is pounding like there's no tomorrow and my hands are sweating. Okay, relax. Everything's gonna be alright. 

Being the klutz, my feet got caught up with something and I stumbled. I closed my eyes ready to fall and get blood on my head and knees but before I could reach the ground someone caught me. And that someone was..... Brandon. 

Okay, how humiliating! I'm sure I was deep red by now. I face pounded myself mentally for being so stupid. That was then I realized he was still holding me. We looked at each other's eyes. I cleared my throat and he snapped back into reality and let me stood. 

Okay! Mission accomplished. Remember El, you were moving on. You have to forget about him because he's not worth thr fight. I stood tall and tried to act cool. Gladly, it worked! I should be winning an Oscar award. 

"Thank you for no letting me fall." I said with a sheepish smile. 

"No problem." He said.

"Shall we?" I nodded and we went off.

We were walking silently and I didn't even bother to start off a topic. I was really planning on walking alone but some part of me is just screaming to say yes. Now look where it took me. Here I am walking with my ultimate crush, side by side. What was I thinking? This could ruin my whole summer.  I'm still on my mission. To completely move on and be happy. 

I was startled because Brandon cleared his throat and started to open his mouth to speak. 

"Uhm. I'm very sorry for Payton's behavior yesterday." He said sheepishly.