Chapter 1: First Day of Prison

“Eloise, please. Look at me.” He lifted my chin up and I stared into his beautiful dark blue orbs. I sighed and breathed deeply before I can concentrate on what he was saying. He shut me up with his index finger touching my lip. It sent me shivers down my spine.

"You are the only one for me, Eloise. I love you with all my heart. I will never find a girl like you."

I was left shocked. I never knew that the boy I actually liked would fall for me just like that. I was no cheerleader with those awesome curves and hot looks. I was just plain boring and nerdy and don’t forget weird. Well, I was not that nerdy but I always bring a book with me to ignore everyone. I don’t want to let everybody know that I am anti-social or anything, but deep down I was just scared. But, oh my gosh, for the love of jelly beans! This will be the day that Brandon will confess his love to me! I feel my legs getting all jelly and my hands were sweating. I never knew that I can finally experience the moment I have been waiting for ages.

"I will never love anyone but you, Brandon. You will always be in my heart. Even if it’s the end of the world or even if I give up my life, I will always love you." We both smiled at each other like idiots and getting all giddy. I felt loved. For the first time in my life, I have finally experienced being love and just be happy. He smirked and grabbed a piece of hair away from my face. I gulped and breathed in deeply. This is what I wanted for a long time. I waited for this moment to happen. He’s going to kiss me! I licked my lips lightly and closed my eyes and waited.

I peeked and I see him coming closer. I want to make this happen. I know I wanted to make this moment perfect. Nobody can stop us now. I waited and waited until.

*RIIIINNNG! RIINGGGG!

Wait, there was an annoying sound coming out from nowhere. Where am I?! I saw Brandon fading away and I chased him until he was gone! Then something very bright hit my eyes. It burned my eyes! It freaking burned like hell. Until I realized that it was all just a dream. I grunted loudly and covered my ears with my fluffy pillows.

I tried to find the off button of my annoying alarm clock. I can’t open my eyes with all the light! It burned and it hurts! I finally got the alarm to shut up and I was about to go back to my dream and never wake up. For me, dreams are way better than reality. It was too good to be true anyway. Brandon will never like like me. I was welcomed by a loud squeal, full of excitement and courage. 

"Eloise, Wake up! You are going to be late on your first day of high school!" It was my mom, Lottie Carter, the best mother in the world. I loved her so much that no specific words can express my love for her. She was the best mom a daughter could as for.

My mom, let’s state the obvious, shall we? Number one, she has the perfect curves any teenage girl would kill to have. And me? I’m exactly the opposite of that. I wouldn’t say I am that fat, but I always have chubby cheeks. I always wished to have firmer arms but I can’t, for now. Number two. She was freakishly hot. For a mother aged 35 years old? Yep, she’s definitely perfect! Don’t even try to ask about me. I was nowhere near hot. I was horrible. Number three, she’s the perfect girl every guy would dream of. And I totally don’t have that. I was a complete nobody to the cliques, but I have always been a somebody for the teachers. At least, I do good grades so that was a plus. Right?

I groaned and covered my face probably not wanting to welcome the school year. I don’t want to be teased and bullied about my looks and for the love of my books. I promised myself to stand up for my own. I don’t want people walking all over me. I should be strong for my own will and fight. I guess I could do that, well hopefully.

 I always don’t stand for myself. When I was in middle school, I would end up crying and running home. I was always weak and I don’t even know why I can’t protect myself from others. But all I could say is that, I was afraid of them. I was terrified that maybe if I would totally stand up for my own sake, It would become worse. Never have I ever did something back to them and I guess I just didn’t have the courage to do that.

Mom wasn’t buying it and took my pillow away from me. She raised her eyebrows and gave me the Are-you-going-to-school-or-are-you-going look. I don’t love death glares. They always freak me out. My mom still gave me that look until I finally gave in. She wasn’t buying it. She knows me too well. She wants me to love high school and have a good time.

As much as I want to stay in bed all day and forget about the whole world. I had to get up and went to my showers. I need to stay focused on my studies and try to ignore all the insults I have been suffering through. At least I can graduate from the most agonizing days of my entire life, right? I imagine myself getting the diploma and screaming at the top of my lungs due to so much happiness that I will never have to push myself to loving high school no more. But, I have to wait for four more years. I sighed thinking how many more years I have to take.

What if this year would totally be worse than last year? I always asked myself mentally everyday. I shook my head and I just sighed deeply. I can do this, I just have to finish high school and I can finally move away and go to college. That simple. I wish it were though. Thinking all about the parties that I will never be invited and the entire popular crowd I would never be part of. I felt devastated thinking of those.

I shook my head rapidly to shake away the negative thoughts and try to start fresh. I finished showering and went over to my closet. I tell you, I was so picky in choosing my outfits. It would take me an hour just debating over some clothes. Why was I so picky? I wanted to cover up all the chubby parts of my stomach. I don’t want to be teased during my first day of school. That would totally ruin my school mood of the day.

After fifteen minutes tops, I decided to go on wearing some layered white top with a silky cardigan, a pair of skinny jeans and some combat boots. I need to look good for the first day so I applied light makeup to cover my flaws.

 I checked the time it is already 7:15 am. I have to be there before 7:45am. I cursed myself under my breath then turned on my heels to the kitchen. I just grabbed an energy bar and stuffed it inside my bag.

I turned to find mom and say my goodbyes before I leave. I turned around and she was just on the counter reading some newspaper. I went over to her and patted her on the back. And wishing that she won’t have her speech about “Have a good day and make wish choices.” Blah blah blah. I never wanted to hear those words again because it just makes me feel bad about myself once more.

"I have to go mom. I'll see you later." I patted her back and kissed her cheeks as a sign of my goodbyes. I went over the door and turned the knob to go out. Yes, she didn’t told me her speech. I felt ecstatic inside.

"Make new friends!!!" My mom said before I nodded and went off to school. Hmmph, I would never make new friends. That will totally be unlike me. I can even manage to eat my lunch inside a cubicle in the comfort room. See? That’s how I am afraid of high school.

School was just blocks away from our home. But I don't want to be late so I sprinted across the pace. 15 minutes later, I finally got to the front gate and I tried to catch my breath. Boy I was breathing so hard. I need some oxygen! I was about to go for the doors but someone got my attention.

"Eloise! Right here!" Amanda called over to me. I waved back and ran towards her.

Amanda was my best friend since we were five years old. I will never survive without her. She's actually quite fit. She has brown wavy long hair that matched with her chocolate brown eyes. She had a great personality and I know she’ll never let me down. As far as I know, she’s the best role model in the world. She’s tough and she never gives up. No matter how hard the situation will be, she always goes and goes until she succeeds.

 "Come on! Let's go! Don't want to be late on our first day of high school right." I winked at her and walked towards the door.

Well, here goes nothing. I silently prayed for my safety and luck. I can feel the tension in the air. I felt hyperventilating and I just tried to calm myself. Oh boy, this is just hard. I hope I can just manage to act less weird today. I pushed the door and breathed hard. Good luck to me.

{A/N: Do u like the story? Hoping that you did. Well, pls like and comment. It means a lot to me.}