Chapter 9: Something New

CHAPTER 9: SOMETHING NEW

When people say "Time flies fast in a blink of an eye." they weren't kidding. It has been the last day of school before summer starts. A big smile appeared on my face on how things changed great. David and I have been best friends when he said he was here to protect me in times of burden and darkness. He really was dead serious about it. In fact, I’m feeling a lot better. If it was not for him, I wouldn’t be this happy.

 It's a little bit weird for me actually. I mean I hated him from the start because of how obnoxious he is and I found out he was the opposite of that. It just touches my heart. He was really something to be proud of. We really should not judge a person by his look or personality. There will always be a good side to it.

 On the outside he may look that arrogant hot guys in school but on the inside, he is a boy with a heart. He cares a lot for people and he understands me. I just can't believe he was the one who can stand by me. I was very thankful to God, he gave me someone who I can count on.

I tapped my pen on my desk rapidly. Probably I'm so psyched for summer! Hell yeah! This would be an awesome summer. We would always be so carefree and no homework. I never liked homeworks. But I just do them anyway or better yet, my own mother will kill me.

Someone nudged my shoulder and I saw David smirking. He does this all the time whenever I feel impatient. I rolled my eyes and thankfully. And waited for the great moment. The bell rang! Finally!

"WOOHHOOO" my classmates screamed. I quickly glanced at David and we both headed for the door.

I can tell David is excited for something.

"What's going on aye?" I asked him.

"Nothing. What are you doing tomorrow?" He asked me.

"I don't know. Why?"

"I'll pick you up by 8 in the morning." he said excitedly.

"Again. Why?!" I exclaimed.

 "It's a surprise." He told me with his golly-famous-smirk.

"Awwe. Tell me please." I gave him my best puppy dog eyes and pouted.

 "If I tell it wouldn't be a surprise, right?"

"Argh! C'mon. Curiosity killed the cat. In this situation, I'm the cat who got killed." I pouted. David patted my head.

"Drop it, El. Let's go and meet the lovebirds."

"Fine." I stomped my feet like a five year old kid. David just laughed at my childish reaction.

Amanda and Chance had become the most cutest couple ever. They just started hanging out together and to my surprise they are already together. Best luck to them! We walked towards the main door of the school and saw the lovebirds.

David waved to them and they waved back. I gave Amanda a goofy smirk. She knows what I meant. Who wouldn't? As soon as we reached them I was attacked by the golly famous Chance hug. I groaned and fixed my hair. They just laughed at me.

"Don't need to pout, El. You know what I am when it comes to hugging my friends." Chance winked at me and I just rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Anyways, Amanda and I were thinking about our summer..." he trailed off. 

"What about it?" I asked.

"Well, I think we should spend our whole vacation at our beach house!" he said excitedly.

"Sure that would be fun!" David said.