Chapter 10: David's Surprise?

I woke up with a big smile plastered on my face. This is the day David will reveal his golly surprise. I showered up and got dressed. I took one glance at the mirror and went downstairs. Skipping like a 5 year old girl. I was so excited about the surprise. 

David will pick me up by 8 sharp. My mom seemed to be intrigued by my mood today. She gave me a playful smirk and I gave her a confusing look. Then it clicked me what she meant about her "smirk". Yeah, I was emphasizing the smirk there. I know what she meant by it and it wasn't good. She finally spoke up.

"What's with the mood today, El? A date? With hmm. Let me think? DAVID!!!" she wiggled her eyebrows and I frowned. 

"Mom, it's not a date and David is my best friend." I fired back. 

"Whatever you say honey." she said still smirking. 

I ate my breakfast. Just in time when I finished eating, the door bell rang. It was definitely David. Finally! I scooted towards the front door but mom beated me to it. I groaned mentally and went to the door beside my mom.

"Hi David!" Mom said with that famous smirk of hers. 

"Ermm. Hi Mrs. Carter. How's it going?" 

"Good. Where you guys going?" she turned to me still smirking. It can get a little annoying. 

"Ermm. It's actually a surprise Mrs. C." He smiled and I interrupted their little chat.

"Okay mom! Well look at the time. We need to go! Goodbye mom. Love you!" I said and dragged David.

"Okay hon! Have fun!" she said and I blushed being a little embarrassed. 

We got into his car and settled in. He cleared his throat and smiled at me. 

"Excited?" he wiggled his eyebrows. 

"Well, yeah! I haven't sleep well because of that surprise." I pouted and he chuckled. 

"Don't worry. Your curiosity is about to end." he smirked and kept his eyes on the road. 

Minutes later, felt like an eternity I might add. We arrived into a spectacular beach. I can feel the breeze. I ran outside the car and towards the sand. I felt the smoothness and I loved that feeling. I used to go to the beaches with my dad back then.

David tapped me on my shoulder and said. 

"Do you like it?" 

"It's beautiful." I smiled adoring my best friend.

"There's more."

"More?" I smiled like there's no tomorrow. He nodded and gestured for me to follow him. He gave me a blindfold and put it on. I trusted him. 

"Okay, you can take it off now." David said.

I carefully took off the blindfold and my eyes widened. It was a romantic picnic by the beach and it was settled with a checkered blanket and the picnic utensils. I was so overwhelmed. I hugged my best friend. He hugged me back and we sat down. 

"You like it?" 

"I LOVED IT! THANK YOU SO MUCH!" I said with so much adore. 

"Thank you. I was pressured by all this." he chuckled and he got something out from his pocket. 

"What's that?" I said. 

"You'll see." I took it from him and I opened it. I gasped and my eyes were almost wet. It was a beautiful necklace that says, Best friends forever with an eternity symbol. 

I looked at my best friend and he gave me a smile. He took it from me and stood to place the necklace around my neck. I cried because I never felt so loved by a friend. 

"Thank you so much." I said. Wiping my tears away. He leaned down and said. 

"El, you're my best friend. I love you with all my heart." He said and hugged me. 

"I love you, too." I said and he sat beside me and begun to dug in. 

{A/N: I KNOW IT'S SHORT. MY BRAIN IS OUT OF IDEAS FOR NOW BECAUSE IT'S NEARLY 3AM. I JUST NEED AN UPDATE FOR YOU GUYS. DO YOU LIKE IT? COMMENT BELOW AND VOTE :D ~Ann}