Chapter 7 : Facing Reality

Chapter 7: Facing Reality

"I'm sorry." David said with sincere eyes.

Wait. Am I missing something here? A the most arrogant, obnoxious guy on the planet is apologizing to me? Will somebody pinch me? What the hell. I'm not dreaming. This is 100% reality. I shook my head rapidly and it seems like I just can't sink it in. This better be good.

"What did you say?" I said just to reassure that I wasn't wrong.

"Ermm. Uhm. I'm sorry, Eloise for being a jerk, obnoxious, arrogant guy in the planet that tries to ruin your life."

Okay so I'm feeling a little bit guilty around here. It's not his entire fault. I have to admit; I get irritated quickly so partly it was my fault. It was my turn to apologize now. I took a deep breath and let a long sigh out.  I can’t believe I’m doing this. But here it goes.

"Uhmm. Okay. And I'm also sorry. It's not all your fault really. I'm just having a rough week." I said sheepishly while rubbing the nape of my neck.

"So..." he started off raising an amusing look. "Are we cool then? Can we start all over again."

I nodded and lend him my hand.

"Hi, my name is Eloise Carter. You can call me El for short." he smiled gratefully and I could see the sparks in his eyes.

"Hey, my name's David Brooke. You can call me Dave." I smiled and we turned our backs and went towards the door.

"After you Madame." he said while bowing in front of me. I was quite impressed. So I decided to play with him. I curtsied as I say "Well, thank you sir." with a posh accent. I giggled at how we acted.

I made friends with my enemy. This was cool and I’m happy about it. I can actually say that it was ermm nice. At least I made a new friend right? I only have one problem to think about.

I have to move on.

~~~~~

Classes just ended. Amanda and I were heading off towards the parking lot.

"So..." she gave me a cocky grin.

"So what?" I said with my eyebrows narrowed.

"I heard you and David are finally friends." she sang happily and I just rolled my eyes.

"What's the big deal about it? It's not like we're going to date or something."

"You know it's a damn big deal! Well at least for me. But come on. Look how hot he is." she said sighing dreamily.

"Oh my gosh! What have you done to my best friend? Code red everybody! Code red! There is an alien over here!" I shouted proudly while Amanda gave me an annoying look but she decided to slip it off.

 "Hey! I'm still here you idiot. And I'm only telling the fu..." I covered her mouth and gave her a death glare.

"Don't swear."

"Cwan ywou pwease..." she mumbled and I took my hand from her mouth and she sighed.

 "Don't ever do that again or else I'm going to bite your hand off of your arms!"

"Yeah. Yeah. What were you saying?" I said with puppy dog eyes.

"Never mind. You won't listen anyway. Anyways, want to get some burgers? My treat."

"Sure. Who could say no to free food?" I said excitedly.

As we were walking we actually passed by David. Amanda coughed loudly for David to hear. Geez, thanks Amanda for letting my stomach to wait. I actually stood tall and smiled at him.

"Where are you ladies going aye?" he said

"We were off to Burger King. Want to come and join us?" Amanda said with an evil grin. I rolled my eyes and gave her a  "I’ll-kill-you-later-when-this-is-over" look.

"Sure, if it is okay with El. Can I?" he questioned me with a cocky smile. Pretending to be in deep thinking while tapping my fingers to my jaw. I smiled and said.

"Well? Hmmm. Yeah sure why not."

"Cool. Well? Let's go!"

Well, this can be good right? I can finally have something to do to get rid of Brandon off my head. Anyways, It's better to be friends with David right? I mean he's funny at the same time annoying but I can handle it.

I think this is the beginning of a new friendship. For better or for worse, I just wish it would turn out being memorable.

{A/N: Yeah! I think they are adorable!!! Can someone make a trailer for this story? Please? Okay, so tomorrow is the #1BIGANNOUNCEMENT! AHH!!! I'M SO EXCITED! VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE. PLS}

CREDITS TO

BLUEBERRYBLOOM FOR THE BANNER