Chapter 15: A day with the Troublemakers

We're one on one now. How will I survive this pace? I don't even know how to defend myself with all these obstacles. Have you ever thought about giving up? I know that I did. That funny feeling inside my belly. It is the feeling of defeat. 

"You're going down." David said with his eye firing with joy. Yeah, he's going to defeat me alright. Hmm. Let's see, on my tiles, I've got only one word in mind to place on the game board. 

I placed the word L-O-V-E. I only scored so little. I have no luck with my tiles today. I was the winner of last year's competition and now I am sighing in defeat by my best friend. That darn boy acting like he didn't know how to play the game. 

He smirked and I know that wasn't good. He thought for a minute and frowned. What was his problem? He sighed and placed B-R-E-A-K on the board. Is he broken? I can't see it on his face though. He never told me about his girlfriend or something. I never ever heard he had a fling with somebody.

Someone accidentally coughed and I realized I have been staring on the word he has placed for like five minutes. I can't think of anything so I stopped playing and placed my tiles in the little pouch for scrabble. 

"What's wrong? Afraid to lose?" David smirked at me and I just rolled my eyes at him. 

"Of course not. Why would I be so afraid to lose? I know I'm better than you, more than you'll ever know." 

"Just admit it already, El." He smiled brightly and I smile weakly. 

"I was just bored. Hmm. Let's play another game, aye?" 

"If you say so, but I know you will lose though."

This seems like a challenge. Bring it on, David. I smirked evily and I know what type of game we'll play. 

"Let's play truth or dare." I said and I know I have been smiling like a goofball. 

He watched me for a minute and then burst out laughing. I probably looked like an idiot because I don't know why he was laughing hysterically. 

"That is so fifth grade, El." Wiping his eyes from the tears escaping. I looked at him seriously and he managed to fix himself and he knew I was dead serious about this. 

"Oh, you're serious." 

"I'm dead serious. You didn't even let me finish. I was going to say we will play truth or dare, but with a twist." I said smirking at him.

"What would be your twist?" He says putting his two fingers in the air and quoting. 

"Whoever who will not do the dare or the truth will have to take one clothing off." 

I smiled at him and proud. This will be fun. He stared at me wide eyed and managed to smile. 

"Well, okay. Your wish is my command, madam." Bowing as if I'm a royal highness. 

"Oh, thank you. Shall we start?" I said with an awful British accent. 

"Of course." 

We sat down on the carpet and I picked up the cards that came from a party box. The party box I bought was cool enough to have these truth or dare cards. I think it will go just fine.

"Ladies first." He said.

I picked up a card and handed it to him so he could read what was written. His eyes full of excitement as he read the card. 

"Dare." I nod and wait for him to speak up. "I dare you to hug me tight.." That's not as bad a I was thinking.. "Topless." 

My eyes grew wide and I can see him grin. Oh no, I won't let him win. I smiled big enough to let him see my precious pearly white teeth. I took off my top, full of confidence, I know I can pull this off. I lost weight and I know I'm not that chubby anymore. 

I can see David's eyes sparkling as if he has seen an angel. I felt a little conscious because of his glare. Well then, I turn to him and said. 

"Come on here." and stretched my arms as wide as I could. I left him stunned. One point for me. 

"My turn." I said to him as soon as I wore my shirt back. Choosing a card from the box. What could it be? 

"Dare." He nods and is anxiously waiting for the dare. "The card dares you to.." Woah. This is naughty. "Walk around the house only with your boxers." I'm sure I was red as a tomato. 

"Okay." This sounds interesting. He took off his pants and shirt like I was not in the room and moved towards the door that connects to the hallway. I followed him and I saw Amanda with Chance of course as they try to smirk a very evil grin at me. 

"Glad you guys finally decided to be together!" Chance said and luckily I was in his back and I easily hit his head with my bare hands. 

"That hurts, El. You're abusing your friend." he said with mock hurt. Ugh. Drama king. 

"It's just a challenging game of truth or dare guys. Don't try to jump into conclusions." I said rolling my eyes as David went back to the room and called me. Geez, I haven't realized that he has already finished roaming around the house. 

"El! Your turn!" He called me from his room." As I was about to move and start walking, Amanda held my hand and said, "Don't forget about the protection." she smirked and I rolled my eyes. She didn't seem to get that this is just a game. Ugh. 

When I went back to the room, I saw him handing me the box of cards. And I picked one up again and we played the game until dawn. 

It's now one in the morning. We decided to take up some few shots. It was David's turn and I stared at the card and tried to recover my focus. The beer is so strong. Well, it took me only one full cup to be this dizzy. 

"Truth. If you ever had a chance to pick one person with all the freedom to live with you until you grow old, who would it be?" 

"I-- would choose-- you." He said and he fainted because of the beer. He's drunk. 

I stayed in my position and stared at him. Why would he choose me? Well of course, we're best friends right? Isn't that why he would choose me? 

I tried to carry him with all my power to put him in bed. He murmurs something I don't understand. When I finally had the power to carry him and put him in bed, he held me tight and that I fell and i was on top of him. 

He smelled my hair and rubs my hair with his thumbs. "Mmm." He's probably dreaming of something. I tried to move, but he won't let me. My head hurts. I hate this feeling. Being drunk. 

"Stay with me." David said and before I even tried to move I fell asleep. 

In his arms. 

{A/N: FINALLY! HOPE YA LIKE IT. VOTE, COMMENT, ANYTHING! }