Chapter 11: First day of Summer!

Today will be a great day! First day of summer people!!! I can already hear the waves calling my name. Do you just love the smell of summer? Getting tan skin, sleeping late and just be carefree.

No scary teachers to face, no bullies to hide from and definitely no assignments that scares us to death. I hate that feeling. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty much a good student and I can aim high grades but I don't love studying that much. 

I was all packed, well thanks to my mom she helped me. Right now I was preparing myself and dressing up while I wait for David. He'll come and pick me up and we will meet up with the others. I applied light makeup which only consists of an eyeliner, mascara and lip tint. I don't wear foundation, it's summer it has the probability to melt up on my face. I don't want it to be all cakey. 

As for my outfit, I wore a simple tank top with my denim shorts and I paired it up with my bohemian sandals. There was loud honk coming from outside. I leaned onto my window and seen it was Brandon. Hmm. Weird. What does he want anyway? 

It was a thumbs down for me anyway, I haven't completely moved on yet and now he's appearing on my doorway out of nowhere. What the hell? My hands were starting to sweat and my heart starts pounding like there's no tomorrow. I glanced at my mirror and said to myself.

"You can do this, Eloise. Breathe in, breathe out." I sighed heavily and went downstairs. 

There was a loud knock on my door and I opened it.

"Erm. Hi." Brandon started. 

"What are you doing here?"

"I just want to apologize for coming with you and Chance for the whole summer. I know it's kind of hard for you because of my girlfriend." 

My heart shattered when he told me that. I don't want to hear him say "my girlfriend" you know that feeling when he meant the world to you but for him, you are just his friend. I sighed and started to speak up.

"That's okay. It's not a big deal anyway." I said smoothly as I can. He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. 

"Do you need a ride or something?"

Someone cleared his throat from behind Brandon. I tiptoed a little and saw my bestfriend, David.

"He's coming with me pal." He said with his strong and raspy voice. 

Brandon looked shock for a moment and he nodded in understanding. He turned to me and shove his cellphone out from his pocket and handed it to me. 

"Give me your number and let's keep in touch during the trip." He said with a small smile. 

After I typed my number in his phone, I gave it back to him and smiled. He scooted towards his car and went off with a wave. 

"What was he doing here?" David said with a skeptical look. 

"He was just apologizing for him coming to the trip with us. He kind of knows about my little issue with Payton." I smiled convincing him it was okay. He sighed and slipped the topic. 

"Let's go then?" 

"Okay. Let me go and get my bags."

I searched for my mom and say my goodbyes to her but she decided to walk me to our front door. Brandon smiled at my mother, my mom mirrored his action and smiled at me but not just any normal smile, she smiled at me with a goofy one. I rolled my eyes and said my final goodbyes. 

"Okay have fun you two and Brandon?"

"Yes, Mrs. Carter?" 

"Please take care of my daughter." she said with a warm smile on her face. I know mom was worried about me. We always watch each other's backs since when my dad died. We protected each other and cared for one another. I smiled at her and hugged her tight.