chapter 14

Emily’s point of view

During the film, I kept on feeling eyes on me. I could tell that it was Louis, because whenever I looked up at him, he’d quickly look away. Every time, I frowned my eyebrows, confused. Also, in the corner of my eye, I could see that Niall kept on sneaking glances at me and Louis. He’d smile at first, then glare at Louis, every time. It was so irritating!

Also, I just couldn’t keep track of the film. Along with those two staring at me, causing me to lose my concentration, I kept on getting sharp, back pains. It was so painful; I couldn’t keep track of anything. The pains would only be for a few seconds, but it felt like I was on fire. About halfway through the film, I excused myself, and went into the kitchen, to place my plate into the sink. I then took the shortcut through to the cupboard, into the hall, and walked up the stairs towards my room. The pain had been gone for a few moments, but I knew that they would be back.

As I opened my door, the pain happened again. I gritted my teeth, and shut the door, running towards my bathroom. I slammed and locked the door, and slid down to the floor, tears falling and moans of pain escaping my mouth. This time, the pain was worst than before.

What is going on?

It felt like something was ripping through my back, from the inside. Scared, I ripped my shirt off and my bra. I placed a hand across it, and I felt wetness. My eyes widened in horror, and I turned my back towards the mirror, and turned my head towards it so I could see. My eyes widened even more, as I took in the sight. It looked like two giant claws had dragged into my back, creating two, evenly shaped gapes. They both went down my shoulder blades, and were dripping slightly with blood.

I looked around in panic, and found a spare towel, and placed them on my shoulder blades, eager for the bleeding to stop.

The white towel soaked quickly, and I dropped the towel to the floor, my hands slippery with my blood. Then, the pain came again, and the two holes closed shut.

What?

I placed my hands where the holes were, and it felt smooth, as if they had never been there.

What is going on?

I quickly washed my hands, and washed my back which had blood streaks. I dried my hands on another towel, and then began searching through the cupboards. I grabbed hold of the first aid kit, and grabbed hold of some bandages.

Let’s see if these might stop it from happening.

I wrapped the bandages around my waist and up to my shoulders. I wrapped them tightly, and tied the ends together.

I then looked down at my clothing, and saw that my trousers and t-shirt was covered in blood.