chapter 20

Emily’s point of view

Tannon’s body dropped to the floor, creating a ‘splat’ noise, and a trail of blood staining the wall and floor. This caused us to scream even louder, causing the guards to place their hands on their ears to block out our noise.

When we stopped screaming, as we were out of breath, Hammond looked at us.

“You finished yet?” He said, giving a guard the gun. The clone stood near him, staring at Tannon’s lifeless body with shock and horror.

We just stared at him in horror, wanting to scream, but now too frightened to.

“How could he do that? To his own worker? What he did was evil and horrible, but all bad guys have to stick together, right? He’s sick in the head! How could he?”  Misty thought staring at him.

 “If he does that to Tannon, what would he do to us? Who’s next? The clone? The guards? Us?” I thought my eyes wide with horror.

“Don’t think like that, he won’t dare hurt us. He needs us, we’re too important to him; all the experiments are” She thought to me, trying to calm me down

I didn’t think anything back to her, because Hammond opened his mouth.

“Good. Now, I’m so glad I finally got you both” He smiled, and walked around us both, his eyes burning into us.

“Why is that?” Misty asked quietly, wanting to know yet scared of getting shot.

“I’m glad you asked. Unlike your sister, I see you still have some guts after I finished with my little…problem. But I guess that’s just how I brought you up daughter, am I right?” He laughed, stopping in front of us.

“You’re not my father” She spat at him.

“I am your father” He replied, raising an eyebrow.

Misty opened her mouth to reply, but I cut in, saying “Can we quit the Star Wars crap, and get some bloody answers?”

Hammond grinned at me, while Misty looked at me, confusion written all over her face.

Oh yeah, she doesn’t know what Star Wars is… well that’s shit…

“Well well, looks like kiddo does have some bite. I like it” He said, placing a hand under my chin. I moved my face away to avoid his murderous hand, and glared at him. He playfully brought his hand back, smiling like a child gaining the greatest gift they ever wanted on Christmas.

“Guards, leave!” He barked, looking back at the guards.

As they left, one turned, and said “Sir, shall we take the clone back to her cell?”

Hammond shook his head. “No, leave it here. She may be of some use. Take the body though; the smell is starting to disgust me.”