chapter 26

Emily’s point of view

“LIAM?” Louis and I screamed at the boy laughing in front of our cage.

“What are you doing here?” I shouted.

“Forget that! What the hell happened to you? Why are you dressed up like that?!” Louis screamed.

Liam was wearing some really badass black outfit, and I swear I saw a handle of something stick out from behind his back. He also had fluffy, brown dog ears as well.

“Zayn and I went through the change. We’re both dogs, but I’ve got brown ears and tail, while Zayn has black. And its protection dummy. Now, hurry the heck out and help me get everyone out of here” He said, while opening our cages.

I shot out of the cage as fast as I could. Freedom!

We began to help Liam open up the cages. “C’mon Misty! Eleanor! Everyone else! This is our chance, get your butts out of your cage right now!” I shouted, unlocking the cages.

Slowly, they began to get out of their cages, but some were still in the cages.

“Liam, Louis, I’m gonna help get the guys that are still in the cages” I said, running towards the other end of the corridor. The first cage broke my heart. A little girl, around 7, with long, golden locks, and beautiful blue eyes. She looked so skinny, and such a mess, her eyes filled with fright and pain.

“It’s ok, I’m not going to hurt you. Im like you, see” I showed her my wings. “We’re going to get out of here” I leaned in and opened my arms. She slowly got up, and ran into my arms, and hugged me. I picked her up, her arms and legs wrapped around me, and I began to shout to the other experiments. They saw that I had the little girl in my arms, and was going to help them, so they began to get out.

Once everyone was out of their cages, Louis and the boys, Alexia, Eleanor, Damon, a girl I didn’t recognise, my old school friends and Danielle, Perrie and Misty ran up to me.

“What’s the plan” I asked.

“We have small teams in each wing, freeing the other mutants. We are currently here” The girl I didn’t know raised her wrist, and a holographic map appeared. “And we need to get to here” She pushed some buttons, and the map changed, and showed a point in the heart of the Compound. “Here, is a tile on the floor, which leads to the sewers. Once you get down here, Liam, Zayn and I will lead you through, and we will reach Hilayia and the others”

“Who’s Hilayia? And who the hell are you?” Louis asked.

“The names Connie Morgan. And Hilayia is our leader, ass, so you better shut your mouth” The girl replied.

Louis opened his mouth to say something, when Niall interrupted, saying “It’s true, you better shut it”