chapter 25

Liam’s point of view

“Ok, they’ve been taken in” Walter said, as we crowded around the computers. We had watched Niall and Harry being taken into the Root 13. I was surprised at how easy it was for them to be taken in to be honest.

I started to get a headache.

Again?!

This has been going on for two weeks now, headaches randomly appearing. I’m not the only one; Zayn, Niall and Harry have been suffering with them as well.

I started to feel sick, so I made my way towards the bathroom. Good this about the bathroom, there were loads of stalls, so when Zayn followed me, I wasn’t worried about fighting over a toilet.

When we reached the bathroom, I started to feel pain shoot through me. I gasped, and fell to the floor. Besides me, Zayn was copying my actions. A white light blinded me, I couldn’t see anything. All I could hear was mine and Zayn’s screams. I felt my tail bone grow, and shoot outwards. Pain shot through my head as I felt two lines on the top of it, tear through and something push through.

After the pain had gone down, my screams stopped, and I opened my eyes. Besides me, Zayn was on the floor, and had a short, bushy, black tail. On top of his head, peaking above his hair, were two, fluffy black ears, much like a huskies.

I gasped in shock, and stood up. Something caught my eye, and I turned to the mirror. My jaw dropped as I slowly brought my hands to my head, to touch the new brown ears I had grown. They looked like Zayn’s, but brown. I turned around and saw a tail, like Zayn’s but again, brown, shooting out of my trousers.

“The fuck?!” I turned as saw Zayn pointing at me, his jaw and eyes open in shock.

“Say that to yourself!” I shot back. He jumped up and looked in the mirror, and then began to touch his new grown ears. He patted down to his tail, and then began to twirl around to see it. Soon after, he was chasing his tail.

“Bloody hell!” We both turned to the door, to see Walter, Paul, Hilayia and a girl we didn’t recognise at the door, with wide eyes. The new girl had jet black hair; wich had long, purple streaks in, and dark chocolate brown eyes.

“What’s happening?” Zayn shouted, clearly panicky.

“You’ve… you one of us” The girl said.

“What do you mean one of us?” I asked.

“Yeah, and who are you?” Zayn asked.

“The names Connie. Connie Morgan. And you’re a mutant, like us” The girl said.

I froze. “How?” I whispered.

“Come with me” She said, and left the room. We slowly followed her into the main room, where we found of our security guards tied up to a chair.

“Pete?” Paul said.

“Paul! Un-tie me now!” Pete said, struggling against his bounds.

“I wouldn’t do that” Connie said, as Paul began to move towards Paul. “He works for Hammond”

“Who?” I asked.

“Leader of Root 13. Pete here and some others have been snooping around, messing with your food, and the food served to Little Mix and the workers at X Factor” Connie explained.

“How did you do it?” Walter asked.

“Simple. You lot are so stupid. We injected the food with mixed DNA. Looks like pretty boys here have taken on the effects” Pete shrugged his shoulders, and then looked across to me and Zayn.