chapter 23

Lewis’s point of view

The day the new experiments were taken into the experimental rooms.

“I hope Ellie is ok” I said, looking across to Ewan, as the door shut on us both.

“I hope everyone is ok, but mainly Dani” He nodded.

I looked around the grey/white room, when I felt something stab me. I fell to the floor, along with Ewan, as we got shot many times. I covered my face with my hands, protecting my eyes. Ewan copied me.

“The fuck they doing?” Ewan screamed.

When I felt the shooting had stopped, I opened my eyes to see that we both were covered in needles, which was slowly injecting a brown, murky liquid.

I felt pain shoot through me, making my sight turn white, and I screamed in pain, and awkwardly moved on the floor in pain. From the screams Ewan was creating, I bet he was going through the same pain as me.

When the pain stopped, I slowly opened my eyes, and looked across to Ewan. “What’s going on?” I panted, out of breath from the screaming and pain.

He opened his mouth to speak, when a voice interrupted him “Gentlemen. Welcome. Although your transformation is not very clear, im sure that we will be able to notice changes soon enough. Now, you will be put through tests. A door will open, leading you into a room filled with training exercises, to test your skills and abilities. Enjoy.”

Sure enough, one of the walls began to move, creating a doorway. Through the door way, was a red room filled with multiple activities.

“Should we?” I asked, looking across to Ewan.

“I don’t know...” He replied, looking through the doorway.

“If you do not enter through the training room, your... women... will be punished” The voice said.

Next to us, a wall began to show a giant TV. At first, the screen was blank, but then static filled the screen.

“Is this like Saw or something?” Ewan joked.

“Man... Don’t say that” I said, my stomach turning at the thought of any one of us going through a trap like in Saw, especially Ellie.

The static stopped, to show Ellie and Dani being pushed into a room, much like ours.

“Ellie, you ok?” Danielle asked.

“Yeah, im ok” Ellie said, rubbing her arm.

The screen showed silence, as the two girls looked around the room, with confusion. Then, needles shot out of all four walls, hitting the two girls.

They both screamed in pain as they fell to the floor. The needles that hit Dani’s were filled with a pale purple and icy blue mixture, while Ellie’s were filled with a leafy green colour.

Slowly, the needles drained into their bodies, injecting them with deadly mixtures.

“Dani!” “Ellie!” Ewan and I screamed the names of our girls, shocked at what was happening.

“Dani?” We heard Ellie whisper.

“Ellie?” Dani replied back.

“What’s going on?” Ellie asked, her voice cracking, making my heart ache.