chapter 15

Emily’s point of view

I slowly opened my eyes. I could hear the film playing in the back ground, and whispers. When my eyes opened fully, I realized that I was lying on the sofa, my head in Louis’s lap. He beamed widely at me, after realising that I was awake.

He stroked the hair out of my face, staying silent, studying me.

I blushed madly, and got up, yawing and stretching. I looked back at him, and leaned next to him.

“Morning sleepy head” He whispered, and I smiled. As I turned my head to look at him, I noticed that my plate was on the coffee table near the sofa. Also, I was still wearing the One Direction top and jogging bottoms. Weird.

“How long have I been asleep?” I asked, turning to look at him.

“A while, the film is almost over.” He chuckled.

“Oh crap” I said, facing the film and crossing my arms to my chest. I really wanted to watch that as well. Maybe next time though.

“Naughty Emily. That’s a naughty word”

“Oh really?” I turned around and lifted one of my eyebrows. “Said by one of the rudest boys ever”

His face fell. It was honestly priceless. “Me? Rude? Since when?”

“Caption Rudeness” I stated, smiling and turning back to the TV. Although there wasn’t much point in watching the film anyway.

“Meany” he whispered against my neck, sending chills down my spine.“Anyway, were you having a bad dream? Your face kept on scrunching up, you were breathing heavier, and also you kept on whispering stuff”

I froze, looking back at the dream. It felt so real. So real, I’m not even sure if I’m dreaming now. It was as if I went inside someone at different points, discovering what they thought, how they felt. I couldn’t wrap my head around everything. What happened to my back. What was that? And, Liam thought about adopting me. What if that is true? And Louis thought about loving me. Is that even possible? I’m no one, a nobody that had bad dreams and has been through hell. I’m not normal; I haven’t even had a normal life. I’m a freak.

I looked up at Louis, noticing the concern in his eyes.

Bless him!

“It’s no big deal, don’t worry about it” I whispered, burying my head into his chest.

He began stroking my hair. What is it with him and my hair? “I’m always here for you Emily, remember that”

I smiled, looking up at him. He smiled again, and we sat there for awhile, just staring at each other. If it was someone else, I would be scared and worried. But not Louis. It just seemed right; and his eyes were just beautiful. I could feel myself getting lost in them.