Chapter 6

(Michael's p.o.v)

 "Michael, are we close to the house yet?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, Gav. You got to learn to be patient."

We were riding in boats back to our house we had built together. Gav and I needed some gold and supplies so we went out farther than we knew existed to retrieve them. We had picked a large island that was surrounded by trees and set up a little home for us while we mined. 

We spent a total of five days on the island, gathering many useful tools. Gavin did most of the mining, I mostly got stuck and got attacked by monsters, but he didn't mind. He helped me find iron and diamond, and was happy to help save me. 

We made a good team, Gav and I. 

As much fun as we had, we were happy to finally be home. Gavin got out of his boat first, holding out his hand to help me out. I took it happily, and even though I was out of the boat, we didn't let go.

Gavin opened the door, running to his wolf, Wesley Wolfenhymer.

"Oh, who's a good boy? You want a bone, little buddy?" Gavin cooed.

I smirked and rolled my eyes, closing the door behind me. It was good to be home.

After putting our supplies in chests and whatnot, I returned outside, watching the sunset. Although it was something so simple, it always brought a smile to my face.

I stood by the fence, turning around briefly and smiling at the sight of Gavin, coming outside to join me. He stood close to me, smiling just as big as I was.

I loved the way he smiled, his goofy grin could make even the unhappiest person smile. I caught myself paying attention more to my friend than the actual reason I came outside in the first place. Not that I minded, both the sunset and Gavin were nice things to look at.

"It's lovely out here, isn't it?" He said, sunlight reflecting off his eyes. 

"Yeah." I said, smiling at him. "It sure is."

Gavin turned swiftly, cupping my cheek and letting our lips meet. They left as soon as they met mine, but the feeling it gave me never ceased. 

"I-I'm sorry, Michael. I shouldn't have." Gavin said sadly, turning away and heading for the door. 

I grabbed him by the wrist, pulling him into a second kiss. I don't really know why I did, but that didn't matter because sharing another kiss with Gavin was the only thing I wanted. He tensed up when I had grabbed him, but he kissed me back eagerly.

We pulled away, staying in each other's arms. We didn't notice that the sun had completely set, and we had missed it, but we didn't care.

"It's getting late, we should get inside. Wouldn't want to get attacked by a monster, now would we?" I said, holding my hand out. Gavin grabbed it, swinging our arms happily as we walked back inside. 

As we got ready for bed, Gavin came over and kissed me on the cheek. 

"Can I say something? I've been wanting to say it for ages and I'm over keeping it in so can I?"

I smirked at him. "No."

He pouted dramatically. "Michael! Please?"

"Fine, fine. Say it." 

"I, uh, love you. I love you quite a lot actually." He said, blushing. 

I was elated. Gavin loved me. Me, of all people. And you know what? I loved him, too. Ever since we met, I loved him. I just never wanted to say it. 

"I love you too, Gavin, you big idiot." 

I woke up, sweating and blushing like a fool. 

I did not just have a minecraft themed dream about kissing Gavin. I did not just admit I loved him in a dream.

Fuck, is my life complicated or what?

I groaned, attempting to get out of bed but collapsing into it in defeat.

I can't get my stupid dream out of my head. More specifically, I can't get Gavin out of my head. 

After seeing him last night, well night for me, afternoon for him, he was all I saw, all I thought about, all I even dreamt about. 

Gavin, Gavin, Gavin, Gavin, Gavin. Every minute of every single day.

It gets really tiring when you miss someone deeply and don't even have a good fucking reason for it.

Deciding to call in sick, I grabbed my phone from my nightstand. I called Burnie, who was already at the office, telling him that I had ate something weird and felt like complete shit. He laughed and said it was fine, and asking me if I wanted to be in the next podcast they were going to film. I agreed, hanging up and not wanting to go back to sleep and dream of him. 

 I walked to my small kitchen in my apartment, noticing the envelope containing my letter. 

Shit, I forgot to send it. 

I returned to my room, changing quickly and heading down to the post office. Looks like Gavin's going to have to wait a little longer for his letter. I decided to tweet him. 

@AH_Michael: @GavinFree Sorry about the wait buddy, forgot to send the letter! 

I drove back home, deciding to waste my day the right way, playing video games. I was in the middle of playing Dead Space when my phone lit up, Gavin had replied.

@GavinFree: @AH_Michael Boo. Oh well, it's worth the wait. Great seeing you yesterday, can we do that again?

I smiled widely.

@AH_Michael: @GavinFree Duh.