14.

× C l a y n e ×

“Clayne! wait up!”

i heard my name being called out as i head out of the gate of the campus.

i snapped my head and Michael’s words suddenly crossed my mind as i come face to face with Luke.

-he found another girl to sleep with tonight which is gonna be you.

ugh. how could a guy with an angelic face do such a thing like that?

looks can be fücking deceiving, Clayne.

“hi.” he said and flashed a weak small smile that just made my stomach churn.

i pushed aside the thoughts that had been bugging my mind for a minute and gasped when i noticed the not-so obvious purplish mark formed on his left cheek and his lips were a bit swollen which i wasn't doubting caused by non-other than Michael Clifford.

“L-Luke,” i spoke, “a-are you alright?” i asked worriedly, slightly cringing as i gape at his appearance. “does it- uhh-hurt?”

“this?” he chuckled, his hand coming to touch the bruised skin on his face, “nah.”

“sorry for what happened earlier by the way...” i apologized, chewing on my lower lip in embarrassment.

“it’s fine.” he shrugged off making me smile sheepishly as we both continued to walk towards the school’s gate.

it was silent for a few minutes until Luke decided to converse again.

“uhm, about that Michael guy... is he your boyfriend or what?” he brought up out of nowhere.

jeez, just by the mention of his name i could hardly stare at Luke. Michael’s words, once again, ringing through my ears.

i narrowed my brows, tilting my head to the side trying to fully stare up at the tall blonde handsome boy.

is he really that kind of a guy?

although if he really is, i couldn't just move away nor leave him behind.

i don’t think Luke’s intentions were that bad.

“what made you think that?” i replied after a short moment of gazing at him.

“well, because from the way he acted earlier, creating a scene, punching me straight in the face, furiously dragging you out of the cafeteria like a madman he is.” he elaborated.

i snickered.

“nope, not really. Michael’s my bestfriend, a super-duper protective bestfriend.” i smiled and ask, “why?”

he then stopped on his tracks causing me to look at him in bewilderment and stopped as well.

Luke seems hesitant to answer, scratching the back of his neck in a sheepish manner.

i’m a bit confused as to why he’s hastily acted this way though honestly, at the same time, finding it cute. god.

he bit his lip before finally looking down at me -since he’s a six äss feet tall guy.

“...i just wanted to know if there will be someone who’s gonna prevent me from taking you out.”

//

omFG its gettinv close to 1k reads holy fries... lol btw dont forget to vote guyssss tysm