Benji: 3

"Aye what's up with Baron, Manny, and Bobby?" Kye asks.

"I don't know. I try to stay out that shit." I shrug.

"You must be mad at me or something?" He questions.

I look at him and stand up to throw my food away. I really don't have a word to say to him right now. I know y'all are wondering who I may be. My name is Benji. I play Center on Ridgemont's basketball team. I'm 6'2 and 18 years old. I'm African American mixed with Indian.

When people often see me they think I'm a thug because of the tattoos and height. People are often intimidated my stature, but the girls love it. It's hard trying to maintain and reputation and appearance. I accept that I'm gay but everyone doesn't need to know that, so I still have my fun with girls. I fuck around with Quavon from time to time. It started off as a fling but I really started to grow feelings for this man.

Quavon is mines. The whole team doesn't know we talk but they know not to try to get with him. It's safe to say that I don't want nobody with him but me. I'm pissed and irritated with Kye because I know they used to fuck around. That's my boy, but I don't trust him.

"I'm good Kye." I turn back to the table, waiting for him and the boys to get up.

"I'm making sure my dude." He sighs and we all start walking.

We exit the cafeteria and go to our usual chill spot by the auditorium. We post up here every morning just to talk and scope out everybody. I walk and sit on the bench near the door. I'm looking around when I see Quavon walking with some girl. I clench my jaw in anger because he knows better. I squint and see him sliding her a paper in her hand. The girl walks off, and I immediately stand up to go towards him. He sees me bearing him and his smile turns into a frown.

"What was that?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"What was what?" He asks back, playing dumb.

"You really want to play those games with me?" I respond back, stepping closer to him.

"Benji relax. I can still fuck with bitches just like you do. Kila was just giving me the answers to the math test." He answers, holding up the little piece of paper.

I snatch the paper out of his hand, and open it up. I glance at him then down at the paper that had letters and numbers on it. "Qua my bad I---"

"Don't even worry about it. It's clear you don't trust me." He cuts me off, bumping last me.

"Qua I---" I stop and sigh. I always let my jealousy win. He's turning me into a softie and it's time I get back on my shit.

I walk back over to the bench and sit back down. I stare at Quavon but he never looks in my direction. I shake my head and start to fiddle with my fingernails. Suddenly, I feel someone sit next to me. I look over and it's Manny.

"Where you went?" I ask.

He begins to shake his head. "Man. I keep letting my anger fuck up Baron and I. He talking about leaving a nigga if I don't get it together. "

"You do treat that man wrong." I admit. "You have to change up how you deal with him.

"You don't think I know that. I treat him how he allows me to treat him. He not a girl he is a boy, so he shouldn't be so sensitive. He need to cuss my ass back out."

"Baron too quiet to do that. I told you that when you decided to start fucking with him."

He twisted his lips at my comment. "How the fuck would you feel if Bobby was with whoever you talked to alone?"