Derwin: 17

" Ayo Derwin. " Pops called out as I sat in the room rolling up this blunt.

" Yeah? " I shouted out licking the blunt rolling it slowly.

" Your mama need you to take some clothes to the hospital today for Baron. She can't make it there today. " He says coming into my view, pushing my door open.

I look up at him and back down to what I was doing. " Why do I have to do it? "

He crossed his arms tilting his head sideways. " Nigga is this up for debate? Who the hell else got a car that has a lot of free time because he doesn't have a job? "

I laugh a bit " You talking about me? "

" Keep on playing. Your ass will find yourself sleeping in your car living of trash scraps. We still gotta have a discussion about all of this shit you been getting into. "

" What shit pops? " I say, sitting down my blunt on the table beside me. I look up at him staring at me.

" You fighting, gang banging, skipping school, Being disrespectful to my house, your mama, your brothers. God only knows what else you out here doing. Negro you can't afford to be missing anymore classes. You've gotten kept back twice. You close. " He says, shaking his head.

" I'm not out here doing none of that stuff bruh. "

" I'm not your bruh. You gonna stop speaking to me like i'm a common street nigga. "

I purse my lips. This man swear he didn't used to live the life I live. " I'm doing everything I need to do for me pops. If it's that serious I'll take the little nigga the clothes. "

" Today! Don't try to do shit on your time. Go by the house and get him a outfit or two. I gotta go. " He says, exiting my room.

I hop up following behind him. " Where you going? "

" To work. Something you aren't familiar with yet. Clean my house up too. " He adds, exiting the house.

" Fuck you nigga. " I mumble walking back into my room.

" What was that ? " He peeks back in.

" I said love you. " I responded.

" Love yourself first. " He stated closing the door and locking it.

I brush off how my father talks to me, and went back up to my room. A nigga was bored. Nobody called me with a move, and I was growing tired of sitting in the house. I fell back onto my bed. I swear I didn't feel like going to no hospital being around all those rude nurse and sick people. I groaned aloud as I sat up to go towards my closet. I pulled out something to wear for the day and put it on. I kept glancing at the time because I wasn't in a rush. It's seemed as though time went by slower than usual.

After I ate me a bowl of cereal I grabbed my blunt, keys, and jacket to leave. I got in my car and cut on the radio jamming to Future. Once I pulled out of the yard I made my way over to my boy Kwon house. I knew he wasn't going to be doing shit like always so I could pop up. I stopped by the store to fill up my tank right quick. I got out and locked my door walking into the store. It wasn't a line inside, so I got behind this girl. She was banging from behind if only I could see her face.

" Can I get a pack of cigarettes? " She asked.

" Do you have I.D? " The Indian cashier asked.

" No. Come on you be down here all the time when I come buy them. " She whined.

" Doesn't matter. Have to ask. " He said, shaking his head.

" Ugh. " She groaned picking up her purse and beginning to walk away.