Chapter 1

Lee Hyukjae,a sweet and straight boy of seventeen, flashed a gummy smile to himself as he packed his bags.

"Are you done packing your bags?", his father called out to him.

Keeping his gummy smile intact, he went downstairs with his luggage, only to be squeezed in his mom's arms, "We're going to miss you, Hyukjae!"

Hyukjae bid farewell to his parents and sat in the taxi. He couldn't stop flashing his gums at the thought of finally living alone and having loads of freedom. For long, he was stuck in that obscure neighborhood in Busan, where his neighbors would nose in between and mind others' businesses. Also, he would, finally, get to see his faraway best friend a.k.a bully, Cho Kyuhyun, who had been living in Seoul for the past one year. He remembered those days, when he and little Kyu played in the small playground near their neighborhood. He smirked at his evil brother-from-another-mother's text.

From : KyuDevil

Imma wait for you, bro in ma apartment no. 802 ㅋㅋㅋ

Hyukjae snorted, "Asshat!"

The driver asked, "Did you say something, Sir?"

Hyukjae pulled off an awkward smile, "No, no! I was talking to someone else."

After a few minutes, Hyukjae had reached the train station.

He stored his luggage and sat down on his seat facing a cute, bunny-like, Korean teen, who seemed to be glued to a sappy romance novel.

After a long time, Hyukjae was in the mood to socialize.

He flashed his gums, "Hi, my name is Lee Hyukjae."

The bunny looked up from his book, "Hi, I'm Lee Sungmin."

"So... What are you reading?"

"I'm reading a novel about a couple who can't live together because of this society."

Hyukjae shook his head, "The society is filled with judgemental assholes."

Sungmin nodded, "By the way, how old are you? I'm seventeen."

Hyukjae smiled, "Me too."

The journey passed by with the two strangers talking about all sorts of stuff. Sungmin was a seventeen-year-old boy who was going to live alone in Gangnam and study at Nadam High School, just like Hyukjae. He was gay and loved writing fanfiction. Hyukjae had found out that they were neighbors and that Sungmin lived right on top of him.

As the journey ended, the two teens took their luggage. They had to reach the same destination, and so, boarded the same taxi. That was unlike Hyukjae, because he would never board a taxi with a stranger he met five hours ago. Also, he wouldn't trust him, easily. But, this bunny had a different aura around him. Plus, he needed more friends in order to get used to the foreign atmosphere of Seoul.

They walked through the lavish lobby of the apartment building. No wonder, Gangnam is known as the district where the modern-day elites lived. Hyukjae wondered how his parents became so rich, so as to afford him an apartment in such a posh building in Gangnam.

Sungmin helped Hyukjae with his luggage. Hyukjae expressed his gratitude, "Do you want help with your luggage, as well?"

Sungmin smiled at Hyukjae's kindness, "No, but thank you. Here's my number. Let's be good neighbors." He winked and trod towards the elevator.

Hyukjae wished his new friend good luck, because he was going to live right next door to none other than, Cho Kyuhyun, who was proud to be gay and could hit on the cute, innocent, bunny.

Hyukjae stepped into his apartment. It was too posh for Hyukjae's taste. It was a fully-furnished apartment with a big living room, a spacious and cozy bedroom, a clean kitchen and a big bathroom. In his living room, he had a LED television and a white-colored sofa. Plus, his apartment was WiFi enabled. His apartment was just like those idol groups' dorms he often watched on TV.

Hyukjae unpacked his luggage and sorted his clothes neatly in a classy-looking cupboard.

He took a look at the presents his mother had packed for his neighbors. Hyukjae never liked these formalities. But, it was a Korean tradition, after all. The presents were some things that Hyukjae wished he had at that moment-an expensive box of assortments of different kinds of candies, two glass jars of roasted coffee beans and two bottles of branded shampoo.

He took the presents and decided to give them out immediately, because he wanted to finish the chore.

He knocked at the door of 803. A cute brunette with puppy eyes opened yhe door, "Hello?"

Hyukjae smiled, "Hi, I'm Lee Hyukjae, your new neighbor. I live next door."

The brunette smiled like a ten-year-old boy, as he took the box of candies, "Thank you so much for the candies. Sungmin told me all about you. My name is Donghae."

Hyukjae raised his eyebrows, "You know Sungmin?"

"Yes, he's my best friend. I'll be his classmate at Nadam."

"I see. Well, nice to meet you."

At that point, a blonde-haired, feminine looking man swaggered into this scene of blossoming friendship. His expression as cold as ice, "You must be Hyukjae? Donghae was talking about you."

Donghae added, "Hyukjae, this is my cousin, Heechul Hyung."

Heechul shook hands with Hyukjae. He squeezed the latter's hands so hard, as if he was trying to break the bones.

Hyukjae cried inside because of the excruciating pain in his trembling right hand. He quickly walked towards the door, "See you later, guys!"

Donghae tugged on his shirt sleeve, his eyes twinkling like a puppy, lips shaped into a perfect pout, "You're leaving already?"

Heechul smirked, "Huh, I scared you shitless, eh?"

Hyukjae smiled weakly, "N-no, I have to give out the other presents, quickly and then meet a friend."

Author's Note-

This is the third time, I'm writing this chapter. To those wondering about Hannie, Hangeng will be mentioned in this story, because there is Hanchul.Hanchul is obligatory, so don't worry.^^ I won't say much as it will kill the excitement *evil smirk*. Please,vote and comment.

^﹏^

-Eternal Maknae