The Blood Pact

*Kyle's POV*
As I woke up, I heard a few birds singing, couldn't believe some birds stayed around, after all those mass fires. I felt relaxed, as the sound of nature and wind just passed by my ears. It had been a long time since everything was so calm, but something felt off, maybe everything was too silent. I broke the door down, since I locked myself in, took all my stuff and I walked outside. Felt like some sort of desert, no one was around, no sounds were made and all the fire was out. And so I walked and walked, mile after mile, not even passing by anyone. How could that be? Did they all just suddenly disappear? I finally came to some senses, from yersterday to now, I hadn't eaten anything, it was time I found myself some food, fast. I looked everywhere for a supermarket, but I was currently in a suburb, so there weren't a lot of restaurants, more like houses every mile I walked. I soon gave up, I broke into a house in a desperate case to find food, that wasn't burnt by the fire. As I walked, I checked to make sure there weren't any crazed citizens around. I looked in the fridge, it was empty, maybe someone already took all the food they could. I walked on a weird religious carpet on my way out, and I heard some sort of sound. I took off the carpet, that seemed to weigh a ton, and look what I just found. There was a trap door on the floor, I guess... maybe the food was all hidden in there. I opened it, and it was dark, no light came out of it. As I went down the stairs, I tried to be careful, not to fall or anything, they were rusty. Finally arrived at the last step, the trap door closed and I couldn't see anything, I heard someone taking a step towards me, I didnt know from which directions. And all the sudden, I got knocked out.
-
*Narrator's POV*
You just woke up, tied to a chair, you were in the middle of a room. Scared of what would happen next, you looked around and no one was there, you called for help as loud as you could. "No one can hear you nucklehead, this room is sound proof" Said a girl, while entering the room by a door located at your right. She looked at her knife with delight and put it against your cheek. "Who are you? Why are you doing this to me" You asked. "Well you see my young fellow citizen, there's a revolution out there, and we need food. We're running out of it, fast. So that's when you come in, as our delicious meal". "We? I dont see anyone else" You corresponded. "There are a lot of us, and you're just our size, we're getting used to it now, so whoever you are, you don't have a lot left to live" She said while smiling, like if this was all just a pleasant game. "You bastard! How many innocent people did you kill?!". "Well I dont know, we didn't keep count". She took her knife and slowly cut you on both arms, to make you bleed dry. She took two buckets for each arm, pulled out a chair, and waited. "Let's see how much time you can survive without your blood". "You're not getting away with this you know?" You said, even though you worried, you had nothing planned and to your eyes, this was the end. She got up, pulled out her phone and walked around the room, looking for wi-fi. You looked at her in disgust, trying to get out of this chair. "Just kill him already! Who cares, we're hungry just end him" Said an old guy trough some microphone on the ceiling. "Okay sure, I guess I just wanted to have a little fun". She put the knife against your throat, and just before she could cut you dead, there was a gunshot, right in her head, making her fall to the ground. You looked down at her soulless body, and up, as you saw a guy running towards you and cutting off the rope. "Are you alright mate? C'mon lets get you out of...". "You ain't going nowhere" interrupted the old man, while coming out from the door with his two buddies. "We're still in majority here, and you still are, and will be, our diner". "I wouldn't think so" You said. The guy who saved you took out a grenade, unlocked it and threw it right at them. You and him both ran up the stairs and jumped as the explosion went off.
-
*Kyle's POV*
I got up, almost couldn't hear a thing because of the explosion. I took a step back as he got up just in case he had bad intentions, even if he just saved me. "So... who are you?" I said. "My name's Blake, nice to meet you, what's yours? He said as he put his hand forward to shake mine. I wasn't sure, but I guess, why not? "I'm Kyle, nice to meet you too. So why'd you save me?". "Well, I passed by, and I heard you scream, I have sharp ears, I can almost hear everything. It took longer since I didn't know where you were. So when I found you, I knew you weren't like the others, so I saved you...". I tried to find a pattern as why me? But when it would actually come to it, I guess I'd help him too. "Oh... Okay". I finally said. "Well what do we do now?". "I have a camp, somewhere located atleast eight miles from here, I can take you there, you must be hungry" Responded Blake. "Well... Ya know I don't do very well with trusting others, especially after what just happened". "Yeah, I could understand, look if you really don't want to, I'll let you walk behind me so that there'll be no chance I could do anything to you. If you really don't insist, lets make a blood pact. I think you know what I'm talking about" He said. "Well if you're willing to go that far, I'll accept" I said while nodding. We both sat down and started the pact, we both took out our most precious daggers and slit the skin off our thumbs to make them bleed. We joined our thumbs and the pact was made. If one of us disrespected that pact, we'd die. I think we both knew that wasn't true, but we did it for trust. "C'mon, take your stuff, we're heading out". We got up, I took my stuff, and there we went, on the road to his base.