s t a r t

I couldn't help the smile on my lips as I stared at the beautiful girl lying beside me. I reached out a hand and moved the strands of hair that were covering her eyes and soflty tucked it behind her ear.

She stirred on her sleep, mumbling some incoherent words and my smile widened. Hindi ko na napigilan pa ang sarili ko at inilapit na ang mukha sa kanya hanggang sa maabot ng labi ko ang noo niya. I landed a chaste kiss there. And almost automatically her eyes opened as her lips curled up into a tiny smile.

"Hey, what time is it?" Celestine asked then moved her gaze away from me as she looked for her phone.

I loosened my hand on her waist but didn't let her go. "It's past eleven I guess."

She looked at me again. "That late? Bakit di mo ako ginising?"

After dinner, we decided to stay in my place which just right next to hers. We were watching some movie as we lied down on the bed, and it took only some minutes before she already drifted to dreamland.

Inisip ko na baka sobrang napagod lang siya sa school. Isang linggo na buhat nang magsimula ang klase at lagi niyang sinasabi sa akin na ang dami-rami na nilang ginagawa. Di raw uso ang kumustahan sa mga professors.

I sighed as I answered. "You're tired. And you need some rest. Isa pa, how can I even wake you? Ang sarap ng tulog mo. You're even snoring."

Her eyes widened. "I did?"

A small smile found its way on my lips as I shook my head. Celestine could be gullible at times. "Nah. Just kidding. Don't worry, even you do really snore, it won't change the fact that to me, you're still the most gorgeous and loveliest girl in the world."

She rolled her eyes but she couldn't hide the tinge of blush that colored her cheek, even that little smile she tried to conceal.

Celestine sat up straight on the bed and I shifted so I could lean my back against the headboard.

"It's really late, lilipat na ako sa kabila. May tatapusin pa akong assignment." She got her phone on my sidetable and checked the time or her planner. "Fudgee barr! Three hours ang nasayang sa sched ko. I have to go now." She planted a kiss on my cheek. "Bye, see you tomorrow. Sabay tayo, okay?"

And I didn't even got a chance to answer back because she already stormed out of the door. Napailing na lang ako. My girlfriend was so freaking busy. I smirked. I'd be honest, hindi pa rin ako sanay na tawagin ng ganoon si Celestine - my girlfriend. But I couldn't hide the fact too that it gave me a great feeling. Like my heart wanted to swell with happiness and pride that Celestine was officially and legally my girl now.

Patayo na dapat ako ng kama para ayusin ang mga kalat naming dalawa nang biglang bumukas ang pinto ko at doo'y nakasilip ang babaeng tanging nakabihag ng puso ko.

I shot a brow up at her. "You forgot something?"

She smiled shyly. "Yeah. I forgot to say," she paused then her smile widened as she said loudly, "I love you."

And I couldn't stop the grin on my face as I said it back in a louder voice. "I love you too, Celestine."

She chuckled and blew me a kiss. I pretended to catch it and put it on my heart. She smiled once more before finally closing my door.

I shook my head disbelievingly. Did I just do that? Hell, with Celestine, I was becoming mushy.

Damn. What that girl could do to me.

I let out a deep breath. I fully know that there was nothing I could do with it. The girl already got me under her fingers like a puppet. At alam kong alam niya iyon. And I don't care.

Being with her was the greatest thing that ever had happened to me. And I couldn't - no, I would do everything not to lose this; and make sure that till the end, it would be still us, together.

##