The other thing

I was born with a pretty good size birth mark on the back of my head, and after the doctors did a biopsy, they said it could become cancerous as I turn into a teenager.

This, of course, was a worry to my parents, but it had a greater effect on me. I had my fist surgery at three years old. Now imagine yourself going into a building that you have no knowledge about, with tons of people wearing scary equipment and doing things to you that caused you discomfort and pain, and you had absolutely no choice or opinion on what was happening. Well, that's how it felt, but a few times worse because I was being separated from my parents. This surgery was for something that I had, called lazy eye. And ever since then I've had to ware glasses, which is no big deal. The next surgeries I had involved removing my birth mark, and then doing a skin graft on my leg to cover it. And even after the cancer wasn't exactly a threat anymore, my parents still forced me to get surgeries to cover it up. It's still not all the way covered up. So there is just this bare spot on the back of my head maybe a little bigger than a softball. But most of it is cover up by other hair. But every time I walked in for surgery, I would run straight to the bath room and throw up because I would be so scared. And because of the mask they would put over my face that makes me breath something called laughing gas, I can't put swimming goggles on that cover my nose without having a panic attack. I don't know why that part of the surgery scared me so bad. Probably because I was so uncertain of what it was when I first started having surgeries. But I hope my parents don't make me have any more. I know my dad wants me to, but hopefully he will just learn to accept that I don't need any more.