Confrontation

I tried to sleep, knowing that I'd be a dangerous predator to the entire school. Well not the only one.. There was Brent and Kassy. And that was bad enough. I'm pretty sure they would know I was one of them. All my imperfections had been erased. Sunken into my skin, and they'd know it wasn't really me.  There'd be something off with me. So I had to play it cool. I closed my eyes and listened to the sounds around me.. The sounds of crickets chirping, the sound of someone yawning across the street which was two houses down from the park. Lastly, the trees rustling together. It was a peaceful night. I pulled the covers over my head and laid there quietly. "It's going to be a good day tomorrow." I said to myself. And I was out like a light.

"BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEP" my alarm was off and my eyes bursted open and with my quickest reflex, I slammed my hand on my phone. "SHIT!" I prayed to heavens that that was my leg that broke. But sadly. It was my iPhone.. My strength costed me my phone. I had the six, and now it was destroyed. I got up and Sam was at the door "Yeah, you have to get used to your strength." He said. "Yeah I know." I said picking up my phone and feeling so guilty that I shattered it with just my bare hands. "I'll pick you up a new one.. Same color?" He asked. "Uh, I'll take a white one. Thanks." I said. I was grateful he was buying me a phone. I clearly didn't have money. But I was a vampire so it shouldn't be that hard to get some. Right? Sam walked out of my room and went to start his day, as did I. I felt the need to wear black because it suit me better. But the point was to blend, not stand out. So I put on a plain white v neck and black jeans, with my black and white converse, brushed my teeth and headed out the door.  Leaving my shattered phone behind. Poor phone. It had been through so much. I didn't even bother grabbing food because the normal human me would have been hungry for it. But I wasn't. I was thirsty for someone's neck. My mother stopped me while I was halfway down the driveway and asked if I'll be home late. "No, I should be home around seven." I replied. I had to confront Brent. That would take loads of time to get him to talk, and explain himself. I got in my car and was out of sight. All I could do was think of Brent, and why he didn't tell me about himself. It was nerve wracking. But I had to know. I pulled up to the school parking lot observing the students, listening to their conversations from my car and whatnot, while feeling the warm sun on my arms, thanking the heavens that I'm not being charred alive.. I got out and kept my head up and kept my straight path for the front doors. I felt everyone's stare, and even heard a few complements. "Wow! He's so hot!" A girl said. "Does he have a girlfriend??" Another girl asked. Not yet. I thought in my head. Kassy was still mine. In my head. I was just planning how I was going to ask her out. Since I'm a vampire that means I gain like ninety percent more confidence right?? Nope. I was still the same me. Except, I was stronger and faster, than everyone in the building.. With the exception of - "OH MY GOD!!!!" A girl screamed loudly.. I turned around fast in a sign of danger. But there was none. An all black car that looked like it was worth one million bucks. He pulled through the front parking lot, with really dark tinted windows, but with my eyes, I could still see who it was. Brent.

There he was in all his bad boy intentions. Being what he wanted to be most. Popular. I watched him get out and walk through the crowd of girls as he threw his keys at some stranger that fainted after catching them. What was he? A celebrity. Well I see he couldn't be burned by the sun. So he had to be loving this. The attention. The fame from the students. I could barely recognize him. He was a vampire that was popular. No one knew his secret. Except Kassy and I. He kept waking through the crowd of over obsessed girls, and within one split second, he made eye contact with me, and made his way over to me through the crowd and greeted me in the worst way possible "So.. You're dead now.. How does it feel? You thirsty?" He asked. All I could do was stare in anger. The fact that he lied to me, and above all, avoided me. I was lost with words.