Almost Accident

I punched the hell out of Brent with half of my strength, trying not to get noticed. And he fell to the ground. And he was surprised I punched him just as surprised as I was, that I was that strong. I couldn't believe it. I punched my best friend in the face. I felt a moment of vengeance, then a rush of guilt dwelled upon me. "Ouch! You're strong Levan.. I'll give you that much." He said sarcastically. "WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!" I yelled at him. "Chill. Okay? It's not like you're new to this." He said "Yes the hell I am!" I snapped. As he got up I saw his bleeding lip, suddenly healing faster than anything I've ever seen. As he wiped the blood away and grabbed his belongings, he gave me the most ugliest look I've ever gotten from him. I felt betrayed. "Do you how this happened to me?" I asked. "Yeah, you fainted like a little bitch, and they rushed you to the hospital and turned you." Wait a second. How did he know? So he was in my room right before I died. "So you were in my room the night I died?" I asked. "Yeah.. I wanted to tell you about me, but I heard your father coming, and so I bolted for the window." So he did try to explain to me. "Well do you know that I'm this way because of you?" I asked. "Yes. And I'm sorry that you're going through this. You must be starving." He implied. "Actually I am.. You have anything in a bottle that can hold me down till lunch?" I asked. "HA!" He laughed loudly. "NO! What is this? 1920? I drink people dude." He exclaimed. Well I thought he'd be more discreet about it. But I guess not. Just as long as I'm not taking heat for it, then everything is fine. "I'll show you how to hunt, cmon!" He said excitedly.

My first instinct was not to trust him but then again, I thought this would be his way to make up for what he did to me.

We walked to first period (gym) which was something that suddenly interested me. Everyone seemed fragile now. Like with one squeeze and they'd all be dead. My plans were to just stay hidden and not get noticed...
"DODGEBALL!!!!" The coach yelled. Great. A physical sport. With contact. This should be fun. "LEVAN! Get down here now and play!" He screamed at me. I wasn't ready, but then again I was. I couldn't get hurt anymore. Because I was invincible. And I knew that this was my time to prove myself. Someone who I'd been waiting to get. Tony. Back when he talked crap about me. This was my time to show him that he can no longer mess with me. I was no longer a pushover. Coach had the balls in the middle of the floor and teams were divided. Kassy was on my team, and Tony was on the opposing team along with his crew of steroid idiots. "BLEEEP!" The coach blew his whistle and everyone was off. Grabbing as many balls as possible. Tony grabbed the first ball and threw it at me with all his strength and it was coming straight for my face. I knew what to do. I quickly dodged the ball and it hit a person behind me, and they were out. Everyone was amazed by how fast I dodged it. Even I was.

Next, another person threw a ball at Kassy, but she didn't see it coming. My gut told me to defend her. And so I did. With my speed, I was off in a blur to protect her. I caught the flying ball in mid air and the opposing person was out. Everyone was still stunned. "Thanks, but I can handle myself." Kassy explained. "Sorry, just looking out for you." I said. She walked away and continued to play, as I decided to sit on the bleachers.

Watching the players play, I heard a door creak. And knew something was up. I looked around and nothing was in sight. Then suddenly a small gust of wind flew past me. I smelled it, and automatically knew who it was before turning around. Brent. "What are you doing here Brent?" I asked. "Oh you know, keeping an eye out on you to make sure you don't kill anyone." He teased. "I won't kill anyone! I'm not like that!" I snapped. "Oh but you'll want to.. You'll want to feed into someone's neck, and drain them of every drop of their blood. You're going to be miserable." He said. No. I'm not going to be that way. I knew I wasn't. "You're lying. I'm in complete control." I said. "Oh really?" He said while getting up and walking towards Tony.. He looked him the eye and told him to go to me and slit his wrist. Oh god. Did he just compel him to do that? Tony walked over to me and slit his wrist with his pocket knife and said "For you sir." I panicked and felt the burning sensation in my throat all over again. I got up and I felt the hunger taking over. "No, no. Get it away from me!" I snapped at Brent. But Tony didn't move, as if he were in a trance. "Brent!" I growled. I got closer and closer to Tony, and realized that I can't expose secret on the first day, I grabbed my things, and darted in a blur towards the restroom, and into the stall to let out the pain that I was keeping in. The blood smelled so good it was perfect. And I wanted it. But Tony would suffer, and die. Not that it would be make a difference if he fell off the face of the earth. The world would be great. But why did Brent tease me this way? What was his motive?