Trials Of A New Girl

I woke up, trying to figure whether this would be a good or bad day for me. I looked toward my right and saw my phone. I had three missed calls from Kassy. I picked up the phone and called her back. "Excuse me?! Where are you? I've left you messages!" She screamed into my ear. "I was asleep.." I trailed off. Upon realizing what I just said, I looked at the time on my phone, just in time to wish I hadn't. It was eleven thirty. I was super late for school! I started panicking. "I'll be there!" I said as I hung up and blasted at full vampire speed to get dressed. I brushed my teeth and fluffed my hair out and got dressed in under 5 minutes. I grabbed my phone and my bag and headed to my car.

After speeding through countless streets, I realized that there were barely any students in the school. I wondered what was going on as I entered the front double doors. There were about five cars in the parking lot. I walked the halls and it was very quiet. Too quiet. My ears ranged for sounds, and just as I picked up on a few near the cafeteria, on the other side of the building, a cool breeze rushed behind me. I turned around and there she was. Looking as perfect as ever. Kassy. I smiled but then I quickly remembered that she doesn't like me. I was lost for words, but then I quickly regained them. "You know it's bad to sneak up on a vampire right?" I said. "I've been on this earth for a very long time, things don't scare me anymore. You're a vampire. We're a strong species. Embrace it." She said as I pulled it together. I was strong. Powerful. But not as strong as her. She was a vampire before me. Which did beg the question. "How old are you?" I asked. And she looked at me with a familiar look I've received from someone before. "Ugh, you never ask a woman her age." She said as she rolled her eyes. I recalled my mom saying the same thing to me. What was it with women and age? It's not a big deal at all.

I wanted to know something, and I don't stop until I find out. But in this case, I really didn't care. I walked to my fourth period class and there were about three students in class with a substitute teacher. He looked mean. "YOU'RE LATE! WHY?!" He asked. "Hold up, you don't even know me!" I said as I walked passed him and took my seat. He was way out of his mind to be talking to me like that. Who did he think he was? The president? Ha. I'd eat him just for sport, and feed his intestines to the earth worms in my front yard.

I sat down and looked at my phone. I had a text from my dad. 'I have your father and your mother, if you want them back, bring me Kassy' and suddenly my mind and heart was at shock. No movement. No sound. Nothing. Time was paused. And it seemed infinite.