The Feed

Blood. That's all I'd be surviving on. I heard noises coming from all around me. Someone still mowing their lawn. I walked toward my window and watched. I stepped closer and the sunlight burned my arm. "AHHH!" I yelled. It felt like I was touching the wrong side of a curling iron. A soft whisper of wind flew by me? "What happened?!" Sam asked. "My skin.. The sun.. I don't know. It burned me." I replied. I couldn't get the words out because the moment was replaying over and over in my head. But something else happened. My skin was shifting. Healing actually. Faster than a humans would. The burned was healed within 5 seconds. And my skin was back to being perfect. I stared and watched how the burn healed. And when it was done. It felt as if I wasn't burned at all. I was normal again. I smiled and looked up and Green Skank was in the room. With a small box. Like she was going to propose to me. She opened it up and the ring was amazing! It was silver with a medium sized black stone in the middle. I felt like I was being proposed to. But she quickly closed the box, and tossed it to me. "Thanks." I said. So much for the proposal. I put the ring on my left ring finger and it fit perfectly. She got the right size. How did she know? Didn't want to bother asking anyway. "The ring will protect you from the sun." Sam said. I looked back at the window and stared at the sun rays. I walked closer to the window, scared to put my hand through there. I closed my eyes and slowly moved my hand towards the sun rays. I felt something warm touch my skin. It felt good. No burning sensation. I opened my eyes and my arm was fully in the sun. And it felt good. So I stepped fully in the view and was smiling at the fact that I'd be able to walk in the sun. "How does it feel?" Sam asked. "Feels... Amazing!" I exclaimed. He smiled and beckoned me to follow him as we went downstairs. We walked outside and I felt the sun rays all over me and it felt good. We walked down the sidewalk and walked towards the woods. The woods and no one dared enter. Only hikers because they were fearless bastards. My father began to walk faster and faster and I tried to keep up. Then he began jogging and so did I. As soon as I thought I caught up to him, he had taken off in a blur. He was nowhere in sight. He was in the woods already. I stopped and looked around, but didn't see him. I remembered I was a vampire. So I used my senses. Enhanced hearing was one of them right? Okay. I tilted my head a little towards the woods and focused. I heard birds chirping, and walking, and a branch snapped quickly. It was my father. I followed the sound and I was off in a heart beat. The wind hitting every inch of my face. It felt good. I wanted to laugh. The thought of me running over eighty miles an hour made me feel powerful. I started going faster and faster, till the point where I felt like I was flying. It felt good. I was in the woods within ten seconds and running and dodging every tree and branch as it came at me. "Wait!!" Sam yelled. I immediately stopped, and turned around. He was right there staring. "Where are you going?" He asked. "Uh, I was following you." I said. "You passed me up." He said confused. I did? Did I really pass him up? I must have not realized. I was just focused on the speed I was going. "Sorry." I said. "It's fine. I see you've learned how to track. That's the first step in being a vampire. Are you ready for step two?" He asked. I knew what he meant. He meant hunting for blood. I nodded my head and began listening for my source of food.