Planning

I could barely sleep last night. As all I could think about was Brent. And how he had created a vampire. A complete stranger. I Honestly didn't want to lose my best friend over this. But if I was correct, this would expose the vampires. Right? I got up and jumped in the shower, steaming hot water that didn't burn it all, like it would have in my human body... It felt pretty good actually... Like a kiss from a curling iron. I wanted to be a better vampire, so that I would know how to train Jamarquis. So I practiced my skills. I practiced my hearing. I focused on the sounds outside of the shower. I heard Jamarquis enter my house with one bag, my mom flipping over a pancake, Sam turning a page and talking to Green Skank about Jamarquis's sun ring, and the sound of a car pulling up. This car was unexpected so I hissed in the reaction of it. "It's okay Levan, I know who it is." Jamarquis said. How the hell did he hear me? Was he practicing his hearing as well? I quickly moved out of the shower and got dressed in exactly three minutes and two seconds. I raced down the stairs and made it to the front of the door in half a second to see the danger. "Wow! You're pretty fast!" Jamarquis commented. "Am I able to run that fast?" He asked. "If you focus, yes." I explained, still looking out the window and checking the car. The windows were tinted very black. Almost illegal in Texas, but that didn't stop me from seeing who it was. "Oh god!!" I gasped. Jamarquis immediately read my expression and blurred off to his guest bedroom and locked the door. He was fast as well, but I was pretty sure I could beat him if we were to race. I still waited at the front door. As she got out the car. All dressed in designer clothes head to toe. Kassy... She looked concerned, yet determined. I guess to run me down into the ground. She might've been stronger than me because she's older by God knows how many years, but I was smarter. And I was ready for anything she was going to throw at me because I'm a Levan, and no one will run me over!