Clarity

I gasped. Shocked by how defined everything was. I could see every little detail. The dust motes that were falling.. They were perfectly distinct and each one had their own differences. It was so beautiful I I gasped again feeling the dust motes being sucked down my throat as I inhaled a small amount of air. The taste of the air was something - intangible. I could taste the smell of something delicious and wet. The smell covered all my thoughts and I knew what I wanted. It was blood. I knew this smell before when my nose was bleeding.. Only it didn't smell as good. But now... It's the most beautiful thing in the world. And it had to be mine. I twitched one finger and the breathing in the room continued. Everyone now relaxed. "Levan, are you okay?" Sam asked. Why was he so concerned? Now? At this time of my life? Pshh. Who did he think he was? "Yes... I think." I said as I sat up. Everything was so perfect, that I saw everything in detail as I laid upward and positioned myself in a comfortable posture. "I'll let you two talk..." Green Skank added. Well gee thanks. The thot finally decides to leave this family alone. About time too. I was annoyed by her smell. Like herbs and charred chemicals. "Levan, do you know what you are now?" Sam asked warily.. I knew my answer beforey brain processed it. Almost like second nature times ten. "Vampire.." I added, while watching his reaction to my answer. I looked around my room while Sam tried to gather his thoughts and tell me about the whole speech that every character in a movie does to a newly turned vampire. It was impossible to escape this talk. Especially with a father like mine. It was like trying to run from your own shadow. "So I'm pretty sure Brent filled you in about it?" He quickly spit out. My face turned red as I got up and paced back and forth. "WHAT?!" I yelled.. I wasn't crazy. Brent was actually in my room. He was there. Which he means he was just like me.. A vampire. But he walked during the day. How? "How does he walk in sunlight?" I asked. "He has a ring that protects him." Sam explained. But why wouldn't Brent tell me that he was a vampire? He was my best friend... Or at least I thought he was.

"You'll get yours.. Mrs. Green went to get it for you, she knows what kind of rings you like." He said as he walked out the room. Psh as if. That woman doesn't know half the stuff I know. But it was still nice of her to think of me by getting me a sun ring. I walked toward the mirror and saw myself.. I was... Flawless. All the imperfections gone. The little scar that was on the right side of my hand, now vanished.. Like it melted within my skin and was replaced with a fine touch of natural makeup. How was this possible? I heard two footsteps on the stairs and quickly turned around and Sam was already behind me. "I can imagine you're pretty hungry.." I felt my throat get really hot as if someone had stuck a flat iron down it. "Yes. A little" I replied. Actually a lot. The pain grew the more I thought about it. But I didn't whine and gag like I would have done if I were human. "Mrs. Green will be here shortly with your sun ring, and I'll show you the right way to feed." Sam said. This was all so much to process. But I kept up. Better than my human mind would have. "Okay" I choked. Still feeling the burning sensation in my throat. "He was out of the room in a blur and I focused back on the perfect person in the mirror. He was a God. But what surprised me the most was..... He..... Was me.. I was now immortal. And I would be like this forever. For all eternity.