Senses.

I don't believe people who say that waking up is always a bad thing.

First, it's the smell, not intrusive, just familiar. The scent of yesterdays cologne and your sheets, combining to form an uncreatable, but desperately needed perfume. The embodiment of home.

Then it's the feeling of light fingertips running over your skin, up and down the inside of your arm, tracing light patterns and soothing your wounds, somehow wordlessly communicating that everything will be ok.

Next the taste of his lips against yours, his signature taste you can never quite pinpoint. Not one for morning breath, he tastes slightly of mint, and the more you crave his lips the more you taste his morning coffee.

Then it's the sight, as you peel open your eyes, of him pulling away to just inches from you. Those mysterious eyes. They're turned slightly up; you don't even have to look at his lips to know he's smiling, in his all knowing manner.

Finally it's the sound of your three favourite words, not the cliche, but your personal preference. "Good morning, Scott." The sound of the those words, gently uttered to wake you as pleasantly as possible. Because this is a good morning. One of the few you have. Smelling his scent, feeling his arms, tasting his lips, seeing his eyes, and hearing your favourite voice. This truly was a great morning.

I don't believe people who say waking up is always a bad thing. Especially when the reality is better than your dreams.

----

A/N - Sorry this is short (but hopefully sweet). This is my first time trying to write 1st person, and it's a bit of a brain dump. So let me know what you think I guess! X.