29. Mr. Period

29. Mr. Period

Guess What? Still Max's P.O.V. :

   I nervously glance behind me, giving Niall a hand gesture under the table. Niall furrows his eye brows in confusion, turning around. I hear him let out a slight gasp before turning back to face me with wide eyes. I turn my attention back to Sadie and her boyfriend, Kyle. Sadie thrashes around, causing people around us to give us questioning looks. Kyle attempts to hold his beast of a girlfriend down. I pull Niall up with me, brushing hair behind my ear. I turn around once more, meeting Zayn's shocked brown eyes.

   "Well, it was really nice to meet you, Sadie and Kyle. We have to go now. We have a, uh, um, date! Yep, that's right. We have a date. H-Here, actually. So, if you could just leave us alone, that'd be great." Word vomit. That's exactly what happens when I'm on my period and I'm nervous.

   Mr. Period - 1 Max Chase - 0

   Kyle quickly pulls Sadie away from our table. Once I see them turn the corner and get out of my face, I whip around, my eyes landing on Zayn. He's picking up his belongings and stuffing them back into the two bags he has. How much did he buy and fit into those bags? Noticing he's almost out of things to put away, I rush towards him, Niall's cheers of encouragement echoing in my head. I quickly crouch down in front of him, helping him place a few other things in his bags. Zayn glances up, his eyes narrowing at me.

   "Don't touch my stuff," Zayn growls, picking everything up in a bunch and shoving it into his bags. I'm still kneeling down, like him, staring at him with wide-eyes. I must look like a fabulous fish like this. Key word: fabulous. I could be like Sharpay Evans from High School Musical. Come to think of it, I should start writing songs on how damn sexy I am.

   "I-I was just trying to he --"

   "I think you've done enough," Zayn spits, attempting to snatch the present that fell out of on of his bags. I scoot away, opening the lid. I don't know why he's so eager to hide this stuff from me. After all, it's probably just some watch he bought for himself. I mean, have you seen his watches? Dude wears a new one every week.  "Give me that!" Zayn says, eyes wide, reaching forward to grab it. I roll my eyes, turning my attention back to it.

   I open the box, my mouth dropping open. Inside are the most beautiful necklaces I've ever seen in my whole existence. And that's saying something, considering I was a former thief. The word Maxxon hangs on the shorter one, written in fancy lettering. And the longer necklace has the words My Love hanging on the end. 

   The beautiful box was pried away from me by Zayn. He quickly shuts the velvet case stuffing it into the bigger bag. Zayn scrambled to his feet, rolling his sleeves up. I quickly shot up from my seat on the ground, pulling my tight skirt down.Zayn turns around, ready to run away, when I grab his arm, forcing him to face me.

   "What was that?"

   "It's for my cousin."

   "You're in love with your cousin? Isn't that illegal?"

   "Yeah, she's hot. . . ? Fine, you caught me. The top one was as a great to see you again present for you. The bottom was for a girl I met. . ." Zayn sighs. I notice his sentence sort of ends like a question, so I push harder. I glare at him, my eyebrows pulling into a frown. Zayn exhales loudly. "Alright, it was for you. Is that such a problem?"

   After I get the answer out of him, I honestly don't know what to say. I'm not the type of girl that watches guys in malls or anything. Or the type that prefers girl-y singers. Truth be told, I was always the bad ass person I believe myself to be. Even after I quit the drugs, smoking, and robbery, I still had deep secrets that the boys wouldn't agree with.