32. The Aftermath

32. The Aftermath

Zayn - Italic  Max - Bold

   "Started from the bottom now we here."

   "Shut up."

   "Started from the bottom and my whole team's fuckin' here. Word to your mother!"

   "Dude, stop. I'm too tired for this right now."

   "Why, we didn't even get it on last night."

   "You wouldn't understand."

   "Fine. Ugh, time for bed."

   "I just realized I'm drastically hungry."

   "Babe, go make me a sandwich."

   "Are you talking to me?"

   "No! Female somewhere make me a sandwich."

   "You don't have a female, Zayn."

   "Oh, wait! Reach under the pillow. I think I stuffed a sandwich there last night."

+ + +

   "M-Max. Oh, god!"

   "Was it good for you?"

   "Zen, I fucking tickled you. Don't act like we just had sex."

   "Will you spoon me?"

   "Fine."

   "I like being little spoon. I swear, if you fucking tell anyone I'll kill you."

   "No worries."

   "Wait, I need my retainer. And my head brace. No, not now. Where's Mr. Wiggles? Who took the night light out? Call my mummy, I can't sleep like this! Aghhhh! Mecks, where's my sandwich?"

   "Zayn, if you say another word I will tell someone about the spooning."

   "Alright, I'm ready for bed."

+ + +

   "Get off me! It's like an oven in here! I need my space! Let's spread out!"

   Thud!

   "Mecks? Where did you go?"

   "Fucking asshole! Go to sleep."

   "Maybe we should pray for God."

   "Dear God, thank you for this sexy gift in bed tonight."

   "Aw, you're too sweet."

   "The fuck? I'm talking about myself."

   "Whatever. I can't sleep. Maybe I should read the Bible."

   "Since when do you read?"

   "Pft, you're right."

   "Oh! I have an idea!"

   "What is it, Mecks?"

   "Turn on Degrassi."

   "This show is so. . ."

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z

   "Good morning, Max. How was your night?" Zayn asks the next morning, skipping into the kitchen. Max jumps, pulling her head out of the cereal bowl. Zayn pauses. "Where you sleeping. . . In your cereal bowl?" Max grabs a napkin from the table, wiping the Cheerio's off of her make up free face. Zayn stares at Max.

   "Y-Yeah. . ." Max mumbles, placing the rest of the bowl in the sink. Meanwhile, Zayn just shrugs his shoulders. He takes a seat on of the dining table chairs. His gaze flickers over to the kitchen. Max leans against the sink, her hair cascading over her face. Light snores fill the empty silence. Zayn coughs loudly, startling Max. "Sixty-nine!" Her attention is drawn to Zayn, who raises his eyebrows. "Oh, Jesus. You scared me."

   "Did you even sleep last night, Max?" Zayn questions, making himself some cereal.

   "No."

   "How come?

   "Zayn, we slept in the same bed. It's impossible," Max answers, gesturing towards the bruise on her arm due to Zayn's panicking in the middle of the night. The black-purple-ish bags under her eyes were enough proof. Her hazel eyes were aligned with red. They looked like her eyes had cracks in them. 

   "Oh," Zayn says. A moment passes before he shrugs his shoulders, an 'I-could-care-less' look going over his face. "Well, I slept like a princess."

+ + +

There hasn't really been a funny chapter in a while, so I decided to do this for you guys. And just to clear things up, they DID NOT have sexual intercourse. Enjoy x