Calm-versation!!

Hey you readers here!! :* The video above is the song that Lucy sang in the last chapter!! Enjoyy!! ;)

Oh and this chapter is written in Ian's POV and the whole chapter 10 is going to be written in Ian's POV....so if you want to skip it you are most welcome!!

          Sometimes it's so weird to be back after four years but I'm glad the friends I've got, behave like they've known me for years. Some who actually did know me back then have changed completely. I had just finished advanced chemistry class and was heading towards the cafeteria when I heard Aaron calling me. "Hey bro..." I replied when he came by my side. "Hey!! I've been looking for you bro...." he said as Ivaan and Jared joined us. "Why?" I asked as we took our trays and sat at our usual table. "Well....as you know, Zee and I are together though its not official yet so we are going on a double date tonight along with Andrew and Tianna!" he explained and I nodded as Andrew had told me before that he was planning to go on a double but I didn't expect it to be this soon. He took a glance at Ivaan and Jared but they seemed too engrossed in their conversation about cars. "I need your help man!" he said and my eyes widened. "With what man? I know I'm good with girls but that doesn't mean that I know how to do everything on your first date!" I joked and gave me a funny look. "Don't forget I'm your senior dude!! And I'm serious man!" he said crossing his hands on his chest. "Just kidding man.....but I think Zeline likes you, and whatever you want to do should be coming from you naturally....Not with anyone's help or suggestion!" I rolled my eyes and said, he gave me a blank look and burst out laughing. I gave him a confused look and he sobers up. "I was just going to ask for your car man as mine is in the garage but..... I'm really glad that you mentioned the fact that whatever I should do must come naturally from me...." He said grinning from ear to ear. "You make me sound like a nerd in love man." I say scrunching my nose at which he laughs again.

          When I reached home after picking Iris, I called out to mom but she didn't answer. Iris ran into her room and I walked into the kitchen to look for mom. "Mom..." I said when I saw her leaning against the kitchen counter with a look that screamed worry and tension. "Mom!" I shook her slightly. "Yes? Oh you guys are back! Let me just mak-" she started rambling until I interrupted her. "Mom what's wrong?" I asked. "Nothing, nothing at all....I just have some pressure at office, it'll be fine!" she gave a smile and walked towards Iris's room.

She is lying. But why? About what?

          Maybe I should give her some time to tell me on her own. I have a very honest relation with her so I'll just give her time with it. I guess. Mom and Iris came into the kitchen as I ordered some food, "Mom I'll be going out in a while, you need something?" I ask. "No honey!" she smiles at me. "Where are you going cuddleboo?" Iris asks her big sea green eyes filled with curiosity. I smile at her and say, "At Aaron's place." "Who's Aaron?" she asks squinting her eyes. I laugh at her look and say, "At Lucy's place, Aaron is Lucy's brother." "Ooh Ooh Birdy's place? Can I come too?" Iris chirps beside me batting her eyelashes. I crouch down to her level, "Not today Angel, I have to somewhere else after that....I'll take you along some other time?" I smile sadly at her and she pouts. Mom smiles at her and the door bell rings to signal us that food is here.

          I drive down to Aaron's place and as I'm about to ring the bell I see that the door is open, so I walk straight in. As I start humming some random music, I hear soft muffled lyrics of a song. I walk towards the music and see Lucy sleeping on a rocking chair. Seriously man? How can someone sleep on such a thing?

          I realize that she is wearing headphones but her phone is not connected and it is on the floor and is playing a rock song. I raise my eyebrows at her choice of songs and pick her phone up to stop the music. I take a glance at her and think about how much she has changed over the years. "Never judge a book by its cover." She once told me and she was right. I lean over her keeping a bit of distance and slowly open her headphones, she moves a bit and I freeze. Shouldn't I leave? Her eyelids flutter for a moment nd go back to normal again and I sigh in relief. I never knew she could look this beautiful. Okayy I did not just think that. I think I should leave before I go bonkers.