Chapter 11

Amos didn't follow me. In fact he completely disappeared for a few hours. I know because after cooled down and changed I took a short jog around campus. It just so happened I ran by all his 'secret' spots. When I finally got back to my room it was time for me to go wake him up. 4:30 am I was up for 24 hours. This guy is really ruining my sleep cycle. I quickly got dressed into jeans and a sweater that covered up all my tattoos and walked out of my room. There he was leaning up against the wall across the hall with his leather jacket and an unlit cigarette in his mouth. There is a no smoking policy in all the buildings which silently makes me happy.

"What are doing?" I ask.

"What are you doing?" Amos asks in a harsher voice. I give him a strange look, "I mean you try changing me when you are just as bad. You still give into temptation and your past is always around! I mean you are trying to change me yet you can't even change yourself. It makes no sense." Amos is right. I haven't changed a thing I just act. I act like I am a different person and I wish I were a different person but deep down I will always be Anna Royal. Bad girl.

"It doesn't make any sense your right, but at least I try to be a better person."

"It is all an act."

"I don't want it to be." After I say that Amos looks dumbfounded. He was probably expecting me to switch back. I don't I just look at the wall behind him and breath heavy. He stares at me then he does something unexpected. Amos Godfrey the baddest boy in school hugs me. I don't know what surprises me more the fact that he hugged me or the fact that I hugged him back. His hug is the first hug I have gotten in a very long time. It reminds me of my brothers hug the day I left. Strong and comforting. I dig me forehead into his shoulder and breath in smelling his cologne. He actually smells really good once you get past the cigarette smell. I take a deep breath and he pats me twice on my back telling me the moment is over.

"You win." He says then walks away.

~*~*~*~

Over the last week Amos has completely changed into good person. I haven't really done anything of importance but sit around and giving him hints. All the other stuff is him. He opens all the doors for me and pulls out my chair at lunch. He even offers to hold my books for me. I honestly don't know what is going on.