The Blooming of Friendship

Missy stood in front of her bathroom mirror, deciding whether to tie her hair up or leave it down while her neighbour and close friend Hwang Yi Jae looked at her outfit laid out on the bed. Missy turned to her with a pouting lip.

"Up or down?" She asked.

"Down. It'll keep your neck warm and then you could tie it up when you go to eat," Yijae suggested. Missy nodded in agreement, picked up her outfit and changed in the bathroom. She wore a nice pair of jeans, a casual yet neat t-shirt under her dark grey Fox hoodie and her black Converse sneakers. She smiled, as she looked herself over. She walked into her living room where Yijae was fiddling with the sound on MIssy's Ipod, which was currently blasting BigBang, and posed.

"Well? Casual enough?" She asked. Yijae giggled as Missy pulled poses and then took a seat next to her.

"Yes! I don't know why you are getting all worked up. You are the most casual person I know," Yijae giggled. They smiled at this and Missy looked at her wall clock. Only 4:43pm. She wouldn't have to leave until quarter past 5, but she was getting nervous and excited.

"I've never been so worked up before," She laughed. "I guess it's because it's Yongguk! He's such a inspiration and so creative. Even though I know he's just like everyone else, knowing that he's part of B.A.P plays in my mind. And that's what makes me nervous!"

"Sounds like you have a crush!" Yijae teased. Missy blushed and waved her hands.

"No, no, no. Don't get me wrong, Yongguk is really sweet and handsome and it was his voice I fell in love with but I don't have a crush on him," Missy stated. Then her mind was else where and she smiled. "Ok, I may have a tiny crush on him but that's it. I have a bigger crush on G-Dragon,'" she laughed. The two girls chatted for a little while until Missy had to leave. She locked her apartment door and walked off, waving goodbye to Yijae.

She didn't live far from the dorms and was at the front in a matter of minutes, when she saw Yongguk standing at the front in a red jacket, grey beanie and jeans. She waved as he looked her way.

"Hey," he breathed,"A bit chilly isn't it?"

"Yeah, I wasn't expecting it to be so cold. Love your shoes," she said as she noticed the black and red sneakers. Yongguk smiled and suggested they head off. The two chatted on their way to the Korean BBQ restuarant not far from the dorms. Yongguk learnt that Missy was quite creative, writting many short stories and was quite the artist and she loved music with a passion.

"So that's why you studied Korean?" Yongguk asked as they were seated.

Missy nodded, "Yes. I'm also fluent in Japanese because of the music. I fell in love with the singer, Utada Hikaru's voice when I was eleven. She has such a beautiful soul and it really shows in her work. And from then on, I fell in love with the culture and learnt the language. The same happened with Korean. And here I am today."

"Wow. May I ask who was the first Korean artist you listened to?" Yongguk asked, amazed.

"It was BoA," she grinned, as she picked up the menu. "I am starving." Yongguk chuckled and the two placed their orders and continued on.

They sat at the restuarant for some time, chatting, cracking jokes and getting to know each other. Before they knew it, they were being asked to leave if they weren't going to order anything else. They left the restuarant and headed back to the dorms, still laughing. They stood inside in the foyer to keep out of the harsh night air and chatted for a bit longer. Missy looked at her watch and was shocked at how late it was.

"I better head home, I can't believe it's after ten already!"

"Really? Wow, time flies when you're having fun," Yongguk said. "I hope you enjoyed tonight." Missy nodded, smiling.

"I had a great time! You're a really awesome guy, Yongguk. Well, have a goodnight."

"Do you want me to walk you home?" He offered.

"That's alright, I live five minutes down the road. Seoul is probably the only place I feel safe walking around at night. I'll see you later," Missy called as she walked out of the building. She was almost home, when she received a text. It was Yongguk.

'Let me know you got home safe.'

Missy smiled as she pulled out her keys and walked up the stairs to her apartment. She unlocked the front door and skipped in. She raced to her room, threw on her oversized blue t-shirt, black leggings, purple socks and flopped onto her bed. Missy smirked, sat up and grabbed her near-by Eeyore plush and posed with it. She took a quick picture and sent it to Yongguk.

'Safe and sound with my protector. Goodnight.'

Within a few seconds Missy got another text. She giggled when she saw the picture of Yongguk lying down with a Tigger plush on his chest.

'Mine roars. Goodnight.'