Meeting the Family

Over the past two weeks, Missy and Yongguk had met several times for breakfast, lunch and the occasional dinner, both enjoying each others company. They developed quite the bond and treated each other as family. Missy was thrilled to have another friend within Seoul and Yongguk loved  being treated like a normal person and not just seen as a idol.

Today, Missy was waiting for Yongguk at their usual cafe for breakfast. He was running late, which was unlike him. She ordered a latte and kept checking her phone, but she received no message nor a phone call. Don't worry, MIssy. He'll show, she kept telling herself. After fifteen minutes, Missy decided to walk toward the dorms, hoping to spot him. She dialed Yongguk's number as she left the cafe, as it kept ringing she turned the corner and could hear his voice.

"Daehyun would you just give me my phone!" He laughed. "I'm running late already."

"I want to come!" Daehyun's voice followed.

Missy stood there, phone still close to her face, staring at the scene in front of her. Daehyun had one arm outstretched cluching Yongguk's phone while holding him back with the other. Yongguk was shoving Daehyun slightly, both laughing.

"Um, good morning?" She said puzzled, still staring. Daehyun looked toward her and his face lit up. He gave back Yongguk's phone and walked over to her. Missy stood there staring as he looked her up and down.

"Hi, I'm Daehyun. And you're Missy?" He asked. She nodded and then looked to Yongguk, who had his hand to his forehead and shaking his head.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you!"

She smiled, "Well thank you. It's a pleasure to meet you as well. Would you like to join us?"

"I would lo-"

"No, no, no. He doesn't," Yongguk cut Daehyun off and stood next to Missy. 

She let out a giggle, "Oppa, it's fine. It was bound to happen eventually."

Yongguk sighed and the trio walked to the cafe, grabbing a table in the back corner. Daehyun and Missy order enough food to feed both of them twice and Yongguk went with the simple bacon and eggs on toast.

"It smells so good!" Missy stated, as the meals were brought out and placed on the table.

"You've ordered a lot of food, MIssy," Daehyun noticed. She raised an eyebrow at this.

"You can talk," she giggled, pointing to his. He grinned sheepishly and dug into his meal. "And I really love food," she added.

"You should see her when we go to the Korean barbeque place down the road. Missy goes crazy," Yongguk said.

"I may be a woman, but I eat like a man," she said proudly.

The trio chuckled, and continued on with their meal. Daehyun and Missy got along quite well and Yongguk was pleased with this. It was then he decided, the others should meet her.

After their long breakfast, the trio headed back to the dorms and stood outside for a little bit, before heading into the foyer.

"Missy, what are you doing for the rest of the day?" Yongguk asked. Missy was a little taken back by this at first as her and Yongguk normally only see each other once a day unless they found come across something else they would both like to do.

"Well I have a tutoring session late this afternoon, but I'm free the rest of the day," she said suspiciously, eyeing him.

"I would like you to meet the rest of the family," Yongguk gestured towards the door.

"Are you sure?"

He nodded, "You've already met Daehyun and they have been wondering who I've been meeting. They would've all followed me, like Daehyun this morning," he said, glaring at Daehyun, who just gave a cheeky smile.

"Alright then. I hope I don't make them uncomfortable."

Daehyun wrapped his arm around her shoulders, "You won't! I'm sure they'll love you. I do!'

Missy followed them up the stairs to their dorm and walked in before them as Daehyun held the door open.

"We're home," Daehyun called out to what seemed like a empty dorm. Jongup popped his head out of the study and Zelo came down the hallway.

"Welcome ba-" Zelo stopped as he noticed Missy. "Well, hi there."

"Hello," she responded staring at Zelo, "You are a lot taller then I expected. I feel really short now," she giggled. Jongup walked out of the study, introduced himself and offered her a seat on the lounge.

"Welcome Missy," he said politely, "It's nice to meet you." He turned to Yongguk, "Himchan and Youngjae have gone out, they won't be back for some time."

Zelo offered Missy a glass of water as he sat down opposite her. He was a little shy about having a stranger in his home, but he knew Yongguk trusted her and he just listened to her speak to the others. After some time, Zelo asked her some questions and joined in on the conversations, establishing that she was a really nice girl. She was quite mature for her age and showed a lot of respect to the others when speaking. The boys were fascinated by her stories from her home country of Australia and how different it was from Korea. All afternoon, they talked and laughed, sharing stories about their childhoods and recent events. It was after two in the afternoon when the dorm door opened and Himchan and Youngjae walked in.

"Hey guys," Youngjae said, placing his shopping bags on the floor. Himchan looked at the group sitting around and then Yongguk leaned back into the lounge, revealing Missy. Himchan was staring into the eyes of his foreign girl.