Ch. 29 Lost your pride, hope and rejected.

Chapter 29

Demon was taken to the hospital. I would feel bad for him but it was really funny. Shouldn’t have made the handle of the hammer that slippery maybe. I sat on a chair beside his hospital bed. We were leaving in a few more minutes. We were going back...

I and Demon both watched over at the same sunset. Soft pinks, yellows and orange blended in together. It felt nice to look at the beautiful sky. Then I noticed how pretty the colors were on the clouds. Hardly anyone pays attention to how beautiful the world looks around us.

“How’s your toe?” I ask making an attempt not to laugh. Demon’s threatening eyes turn slowly to me. There was a growl in his eyes. I fluttered my eyelashes and pretend like I have no idea why he was looking at me like that.

“Why don’t you ask my toe?” He says threw his teeth.

“Sorry...?” I squeak it out and crack a smile.

“Sorry ain’t gonna cut it...” Demon sighs and averts his eyes from me. I frown but I couldn’t blame him for being mad. I’d be beyond mad if it was the other way around. How is he able to hold it?

“Yea...well, That’s all I can give,” I shrug. There was silence but Demon’s silence scared me. He flinched and then his whole body froze. I looked at him wondering what was up; other then the hammer and queen thing. Why do I care? Maybe because I made up my mind... Demon finally faces me and scrunches up his face.

“I hate hospital smells... Why the hell am I here again?” Demon makes a face. Ugh... Don’t remind me. I’ve been breathing only threw my mouth ever since I’ve gone a km near here.

“The queen is worried about you... Did you by any chance flirt with her or try to seduce...” I started off finding it strange. Demon looked at me with wide eyes and then rolled them. He scoffs in disbelieve.

“You did didn’t you?” I say with a dull tone in my voice.

“No...! I don’t want to get arrested yet,” Demon mentions “But you might get arrested...!” He sang it loudly and happily. For a second there I thought he was being serious. I breathed out.

“Uh huh...” I say.

“No really you can... You’re just lucky I’m not putting any charges,” Demon smirks. I want to wipe that smirk of his face and since we’re already here, give him a good burse or two.

“You don’t want to say that while they’re needles and knifes in my reach,” I reminded him. His face went pale. Of course I wouldn’t do that though. I was terrified of hospital equipment. Demon smiles mischievously.

“Just don’t drug me Physco, if you want me that much then all you have to do is ask,” He smiles. I found no amusement in his words. I looked down at the room. Demon couldn’t see exactly where I was heading. I looked down at the tray that I’d promise myself that I would never touch. I picked up a tool and I could hear Demon suck the whole rooms air.

“Oh okay! I was joking! You know I was joking! We cool Lexis right? We’re buddies, friends, maybe lovers,” He smiled at the last one and the retraced the word “not lovers, joke. Put the sharp weapon down... Kick it away from reach... Okay Lexis...? That’s all you have to do, put it down.” He was treated me like a physco again. I just blink and decide to scare him a bit more. Then I pull out a big creepy grin on my face. Demon looked dead scared. He looked over at me and made and attempt to escape out of the room but apparently his left wrist was chained to it. My guess this was his mother’s doing to keep Demon there.

“Down... Remember your in a hospital, and people will figure out your nuts and take you into a mental institution,” He started to make fun of me. I didn’t like it. So I just go closer to him holding the sharp object over in my hand and went to the side where his wrist was tied up. He tugged.